Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2003, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Good hand for newer players to examine

get a load of the guy still trying to convince us he should be the one giving out lessons
Old 10-16-2003, 02:02 AM

Default At Slavic\'s request

Guys and any Gals that may read this. I have hogged enough bandwith and forum space, I sure there is no arguement about that from many of you. I urge you to remember where we are at and who has made it possible for us to have such long winded discussions. Thanks 2+2!

If you are new to poker, you will not find better material to help your game than buying 2+2 books. Read, study and read some more. Post here and do not be afraid to try something new, you might even win, and if you lose, well you will learn something I hope.

During all this, Slavic has been very rational and very human. I never met him or talked with him, but I think I would like him very much as a person. I hope that doesn't lower his standing in your eyes. So at Slavic's request...

I am not responding to any more posts in this thread. PM me if you want to continue this, or better yet start a thread of your own. How bad I must play could be a great title for a post. lol
Old 10-16-2003, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Good hand for newer players to examine

[ QUOTE ]
read it with the understanding that every player in the hand played their hand wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you explain how JJ played his hand wrong again?
Old 10-16-2003, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Try this instead...

Yes, you will get lots of "respect" ramming and jamming these kinds of hands against LAGS. Occasionally you will win some big pots with very little (like a pair of tens). But know that you are also one of the LAGS. I doubt you will win money over the long run.

I think this is what Louie had in mind: Be tight preflop so that you will have an advantage (A lead or a big draw) when you break out the tricky play post-flop. Be tricky post-flop when you have an advantage over your opponents, rather than when your only hope is for multiple players to fold.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Try this instead...

Playing last night (about 2/3 of the way through my +32 BB at $1/$2 on UB, I must be the greatest player evar! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ), I got dealt JTo (can we dub this "Mike's Folly"?) in the cutoff. It was raise in MP, with no folds and I'm thinking "Man, I HAVE to 3 bet this bad boy, I'm a LOCK!"

I laugh and muck it and watch the Cubs let us down one more time.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:19 PM

Default Re: For any new players who get this far and those who posted

[ QUOTE ]

Put me in a game with say, Ulysses, Vehn, Majorkong, and a few more like them and it's pretty much abc poker for everyone unless the stakes are such that losing a hand is painful. They are tough players and they won't be fooled or pushed around. Plus they have very deep pockets. Sure, I will sneak some bets off of them from pure position play, but they will do the same to me, so there is no edge there. It would be primarily a house wins the most chips game. Not a lot of sense playing that game. Trying to make something happen would be a very bad idea financially.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord, you're full of yourself. Between this thread, and the 4-betting the flush draw on the turn thread, I'm beginning to wonder if you're just purposely stirring up controversy to watch us overreact.

By the way, I'd play in that above-mentioned game only if you sit.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:27 PM

Default Re: For any new players who get this far and those who posted

[censored], this thread was dead and buried.