Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: A hand Entity and I talked about

[ QUOTE ]
my point is that a bet has neutral equity according to math but there are times when this tag simply doesnt have the only 2 logical hands we put him on. you cant tell me that villain will ALWAYS show KK or AA here. there are times he simply played a hand terribly and shows something else down. because of these times a bet shows profit imo.

there are also times when villain checkcalls AK after overplaying it which happens all the time with bad tags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just commenting on your odd range there and I totally agree w/the bet as you can see with my reply in this thread. I actually take a totally different line, and still bet the river.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:36 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

he has AA or KK, and very rarely AQ, QQ, or AK. he has KK about 2/3 of the time and AA 1/3 of the time. if he has KK he checkraises and you lose 2. if he has AA he calls x% of the time. for now we'll assume x is 100. so 1/3 you lose 2 and 2/3 you win 1. so it's breakeven. he'll check-fold AA more than he'll have AQ or AK so looks like a check to me

interesting. my first thought was this is a dumb question because it's an easy bet. but you have to pay off to a checkraise. if you can easily fold to a check-raise (we probably could come to think of it) it's a bet-fold

I also don't like the cap but (and I remember saying on IRC a logn time ago that I almost never cap jacks) taht's less interesting

limit also matters a lot. I wouldn't expect a 3/6 tag to check-fold the river, but if I'm playing against astro or something at 30/60 I would
Old 11-15-2005, 08:40 PM

hi josh, i disagree with you on the AA checkfolding part. i think AA never ever checkfolds here unless its a misclick. never, imo.

btw i tried msging you and your inbox was full.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:41 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
hi josh, i disagree with you on the AA checkfolding part. i think AA never ever checkfolds here unless its a misclick. never, imo.

btw i tried msging you and your inbox was full.

[/ QUOTE ]

then it's a bet

would you check-fold AA if you were SB and you were against jason? I would I think

I have too many pm's. you can email me. it's in my profile
Old 11-15-2005, 08:46 PM

If villain never bluff checkraises it would wrong to check and if villain does bluff checkraise it would wrong to bet?

My gut tells me villain won't bluff checkraise or will rarely bluff checkraise so we can safely bet/fold. Is my thinking right?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:04 PM

I agree with Joe Tall here. I am not sure y we did not cap the flop. That being said.

I bet call the river.

Now I break it down. 1st what is he going to raise with from the SB? AA KK QQ AKs&o AQs JJ maybe 1010 and 9's.

Flop we call the 3 bet. I would cap it. I dont underestand y it was not capped ( could someone explain that to me). Due to the fact of the range of hands we are putting him on. It also helps to identify his hand more IMHO.

I think by not capping the flop we have put ourselves in postion to either Check behind on the river or Bet call.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:05 PM

I'm sorry but I don't see what not capping the flop has to do with the decision on the river.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:10 PM

Question for you guys.

What do you do if SB donks the river, given your read?

Just call, expecting to lose?

If you're really bet/folding, are you capable of folding to a donkbet? Should you be?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:11 PM

A donkbet says a lot less than a checkraise.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:16 PM

Now that we've formed two camps what're the results?