Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Mahatma[no content]

theres no reason to keep playing with someone when they just lost 500k to you unluckily and you arent outplaying them

i think he should have kept playing when prahlad only had 50grand or so on the table, prahlad was playing poorly, after he wins a huge pot though he is very motivated to play well and try to get even. why risk giving it all back, thats just sick if you dont have the roll to even play the game

i looked at this guys tournament finishes and theyre like 300k, winning half a mill in one night at HU poker is a huge accomplishment, and it cant get any better, why risk the win?

he risked 150k to win 30k (prahlad avg stack at one long period), got outplayed like we all knew he eventually would, and lost alot of it back
Old 11-14-2005, 11:03 AM

youre contradicting yourself a bit? seems like once youve won a ton off a player like this its best to quit and not overjudge his tilt level and dump it back
Old 11-14-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
theres no reason to keep playing with someone when they just lost 500k to you unluckily and you arent outplaying them

i think he should have kept playing when prahlad only had 50grand or so on the table, prahlad was playing poorly, after he wins a huge pot though he is very motivated to play well and try to get even. why risk giving it all back, thats just sick if you dont have the roll to even play the game

i looked at this guys tournament finishes and theyre like 300k, winning half a mill in one night at HU poker is a huge accomplishment, and it cant get any better, why risk the win?

he risked 150k to win 30k (prahlad avg stack at one long period), got outplayed like we all knew he eventually would, and lost alot of it back

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with all of this.

when mahatma's stack is 80K they are freaking GAMBLING... its absolutely insane at these stakes.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:06 AM

That 200k pot was sick. What do you think about IKU leaving. I would have done it in a heart beat. Why play so deep vs zweig who probably have more experience playing deep HU than anybody.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:06 AM

Just skimmed this thread but yeah, when they both get deep and you're 400k up it's time to leave. I can't imagine anyone being comfortable playing Mahatma with those stacks, no matter how much you've won from LHE.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That seemed like such a bad spot to bluff, I dont think IKF would ever fold an overpair there. Obv these stakes are a little higher than I am used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

when these guys start tilting they jsut want to double up even if they are taking the worse of it, in hopes up doubling up again and getting to even faster. of course, they will usually end up stuck 10 buyins. not much different from someone doubling or nothing craps until they are broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the italics and nothing else. If spirit rock _was offered_ to get all in as a 30% dog with say 10% folding equity, even from a rational point of view, he would take it. If he hits he is now playing double sized pots, with even greater image and possible a small induced tilt on his opponent.

I think people on this forum way overjudge it when they think spirit rock tilts. Having 'is he tilted, isn't he tilted?' and 'how much is he tilted by?' is another great gear to your game, just like 'is he playing fast, or isn't he right now?' which just makes it harder to play against again.

[/ QUOTE ]

youd be correct if he made these plays throughout the session and not one after another. the faster he plays, the easier he is to play against. its like money falling from the sky and im not joking.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. you make a ton of assumptions in this. the biggest being you think i_knockyou_u thinks he doesn't have an edge, which obviously isn't true since the game started.

tournament finishs are a very small part of his guys br.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thatīs a joke? Heīs finnish poker pro, not any Asian guy in that picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying Tamzarian has been lying to us all?

Mack
Old 11-14-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just skimmed this thread but yeah, when they both get deep and you're 400k up it's time to leave. I can't imagine anyone being comfortable playing against any player using a LAG style with those stacks, no matter how much you've won from LHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

And judging from the way knockout played that straight, yes he definitely should have quit.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just skimmed this thread but yeah, when they both get deep and you're 400k up it's time to leave. I can't imagine anyone being comfortable playing against any player using a LAG style with those stacks, no matter how much you've won from LHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

And judging from the way knockout played that straight, yes he definitely should have quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

over?

results?

Barron