Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: CALL OR FOLD?!?!?!?!?
CALL!!!! 19 57.58%
FOLD!!! 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Sig Sauer P226 9mm

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find the cycling of the action on a pump shotgun does a much better job.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reminds me of a story.

I'm in my 2nd story apartment reading when I hear some scuffling outside my door. I look out the window and see some black guy out on my balcony that I don't know. I grab my Glock 21, walk up to the door and loudly chamber a round. Look out the window and blacky is hustling down the stairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Unless in a car, shotguns should be carried in Condition 1 (locked & loaded, safety on). The old "racking the slide" routine is unnecessary and tactically unsound.

2. In the future, dont approach the door if you know an intruder is on the other side. Distance is your friend. Find hard cover, point in on the door, and announce that you have a gun and have called 911. Also, pistols should also be carried in Condition 1

3. "Blacky" isnt a nice term. You're an idiotic bigot.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:17 PM

To become a marksman you definitely need someone to train and critique you. You can shoot all day and yes you will get better. But unless someone tells you that you are not shooting accurately because you jerk the trigger, or are closing your eyes, or are anticpating the "bang" - and then tell you how to correct it, you will not be consistent shot.

As far as good schools go, I've only been to official academies. When I was in the D.C. area I used to shoot at Gilbert Small Arms Range in Springfield. Very good range, nice people, and I hear their instructors are very good.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Correct first handgun?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends on how many people you are hoping to kill with it.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:20 PM

nobody is debating the way guns should be carried but there is no way you can deny that a pump shotgun is one of the most frightening sounds known to man.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To become a marksman you definitely need someone to train and critique you. You can shoot all day and yes you will get better. But unless someone tells you that you are not shooting accurately because you jerk the trigger, or are closing your eyes, or are anticpating the "bang" - and then tell you how to correct it, you will not be consistent shot.

As far as good schools go, I've only been to official academies. When I was in the D.C. area I used to shoot at Gilbert Small Arms Range in Springfield. Very good range, nice people, and I hear their instructors are very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't necessarily looking for recs for myself. I was just curious which instructors/techniques people have learned that they use. I learned at Marine Security Guard School with some pretty good anti-terrorism instructors. Interesting you mention jerking the trigger. My shooting is pretty standard (push-pull, isoscelese) except I use a two finger trigger pull.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nobody is debating the way guns should be carried but there is no way you can deny that a pump shotgun is one of the most frightening sounds known to man.

[/ QUOTE ]

You give away your tactical advantage by racking the slide. As I said, find hard cover, maximize distance, give a verbal warning, and shoot the bad guy the second that he decides to keep coming through your front door.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:28 PM

Dude you are a dumb ass!!!!

we arent talking about "tactical advantage" or any of that BS ... all i said was that the sound of a pump shotgun is scary as hell.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:31 PM

Does anyone else have the dominant eye problem where you dominant eye and hand are opposite? If so, do you still shoot with both eyes open? I find craning my head way over is the onlt thing I can do. Anyone else? Suggestions?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find the cycling of the action on a pump shotgun does a much better job.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reminds me of a story.

I'm in my 2nd story apartment reading when I hear some scuffling outside my door. I look out the window and see some black guy out on my balcony that I don't know. I grab my Glock 21, walk up to the door and loudly chamber a round. Look out the window and blacky is hustling down the stairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Unless in a car, shotguns should be carried in Condition 1 (locked & loaded, safety on). The old "racking the slide" routine is unnecessary and tactically unsound.

2. In the future, dont approach the door if you know an intruder is on the other side. Distance is your friend. Find hard cover, point in on the door, and announce that you have a gun and have called 911. Also, pistols should also be carried in Condition 1

3. "Blacky" isnt a nice term. You're an idiotic bigot.

[/ QUOTE ]
STFU whitey. My play was correct, and the would be intruder (maybe) learned that messing around in the vicinity of that particular apartment could get deadly.

And chiding me for using a not nice word and then calling me an idiot just puts you on the same level. Hypocrite.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:36 PM

Shoot from an iso stance instead of weaver.

Or close your dominant eye when you shoot.