Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Dealers most hated and stiff report

As a former waiter, all I have to say is that all of the jobs which are tipped customarily are very different from the ones you have worked. No, a monkey could not deal. As a matter of fact, it is more likely that a monkey could sit in your cubicle, wear your two dollar shirt and cornstarch blue tie each day, and do your job.

If all of us "monkeys" left our jobs... you would complain like crazy about that. You know the custom is to tip, and yet you justify your cheapness in ways that are amazing to me.

Before you say that tipping is stupid, useless, or unnecessary, please, pleeease go get a job as a dealer, or a waiter.

Oh yeah, and as far as waiting tables goes, for every table, I pay a percentage to bartenders, hosts, and busboys. So when you dont tip, you actually cost me money.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a former waiter, all I have to say is that all of the jobs which are tipped customarily are very different from the ones you have worked. No, a monkey could not deal. As a matter of fact, it is more likely that a monkey could sit in your cubicle, wear your two dollar shirt and cornstarch blue tie each day, and do your job.

If all of us "monkeys" left our jobs... you would complain like crazy about that. You know the custom is to tip, and yet you justify your cheapness in ways that are amazing to me.

Before you say that tipping is stupid, useless, or unnecessary, please, pleeease go get a job as a dealer, or a waiter.

Oh yeah, and as far as waiting tables goes, for every table, I pay a percentage to bartenders, hosts, and busboys. So when you dont tip, you actually cost me money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, where do you come up with this stuff? I never said I didn't tip, or called anyone a monkey. I tip $25 at the end of each dealer's down, if that makes me cheap, well, sorry.

Never worked in a cubicle, or had to wear any suit whether cheap or not.

Also, I take care of the waiters, too.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Nothing like being unbiased.

I agree, Harrah's already take a LOT out of the prize pool, and say that part of it is for the dealers. Dealers should form a proper union, not whine at the players - it's their employers who are stiffing them in their name.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were no tip system at all, you would not have to share it, since there would be nothing to share. And you can't be a smart person, if you pay the others by percentage, and less people tip, you will pay the others less, and it will not "cost" you anything.

If you do not get paid enough at your job it is not the customers problem. It is yours.

I said it before, tipping is bullsh*t!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw farha spit in a dealers face. I saw it. I would of killed him if he did it to me

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I would have killed him if I was playing at the table at the time, or saw it from across the room.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Nothing like being unbiased.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5k on a win of how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

1.15 m, i realize it isn't a big tip relative to the win, but with how much was taken out of the prize pool already, i felt this was more than adequate, and if its not going to be appreciated or im gonna be made to feel like an ass for *only* tipping 5k id rather keep it

[/ QUOTE ]

2% of 1.15M is a significant chunk of change

to be honest - I'd tip zero - you've already tipped 23K
Old 10-25-2005, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread shows what miserable people a lot of poker dealers truly are...how despicable. And they wonder why they don't get many good tips. It's because they don't deserve them. AND NO I'M NOT A DEALER...just a decent human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was too easy.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw farha spit in a dealers face. I saw it. I would of killed him if he did it to me

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I would have killed him if I was playing at the table at the time, or saw it from across the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

You people think violence is the answer to all your problems, are you realy human at all?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 AM

Er, I'm not going around calling people subhuman on an online forum, does that count?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dealers still make enough and thats exactly why there is so much demand for these jobs

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have observed there is a shortage of dealers becasue they don't make enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so...shortage was caused because of the tremendous growth the last two years & there is never a shortage online! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]