Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: What nationality are you, and what is good/bad about it?

Nationality: Canadian (For some reason people always ask...but what are you: Parents Swedish and Indian)
Pros We seem to be very tolerant and pleasant people, we're funny and play a mean game of hockey.
Cons: Well you americans can let us know what is wrong with us....
Old 10-20-2005, 04:09 PM

Both sides of my family came from the mayflower, or so I'm told. Straight American/Colonist/British yo.

I see nothing but 100% caucasian in me. Umm, white power.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:18 PM

50% Italian, 50% Cherokee.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:02 PM

I'm a Texan. Legend has it that my Dad's people have been Texans since there was a Texas, but I don't know what to make of that.

Pros: Our food is incredible. Our women are incredible. People tend to be pretty friendly and gregarious. Lots of wild, lonely open spaces. Great place to be if you're into sports. Citizenship carries an indefinable air of badassery.
Entertaining history.

Cons: Probably the most fascist state in the Union. Obesity out of control. Schools are pretty terrible (though universities are pretty good.) People rag our big cities constantly, and admittedly there's not much to do in terms of 'high' culture. We gave the nation Tom DeLay (but NOT Bush, that [censored] carpetbagger.) Most would not enjoy our climate. Those of you with allergies are in for a treat.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most would not enjoy our climate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like San Antonio, but I always wonder how a city with such extreme heat and humidity can also sport such a large number of gross fatties. They must simmer in their own gravy 9 months a year.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:25 AM

Air conditioned Expeditions, m'man. Add that to a gallon-sized thermos fulla soda, kept that way 'round the clock, and you've got yourself some serious poundage.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:19 PM

Geez im the first Mexican thats depressing. The lawns dont cut themselves people theres more than 1 mexican. Im 100% mexican.

Good: Food is the best on the planet, women are hot, we can apparently do any form of labor more efficiently than anyone else.

Bad: All are hardcore catholics, therefore our beliefs are like 150 years behind the times. Having 6 kids aint good now a days, but we will never get it. All mexicans I know drink(except myself), this is a stereotype that is mostly associated with Irish people, but the reality is Mexicans drink much more. They just wait till after work to get wasted and im talking cant walk wasted.

Also I dont consider myself mexican, more like American as I live here and probably know how to write better in English than Spanish. When it comes to speaking the language I speak spanish very well, it matches my english, just my spanish grammar is probably terrible.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:31 PM

Korean-American

East Coast-
Good: Smart, hard-working, frugal, goes to med school / law school, stable, frank
Bad: Goes to med school / law school (too risk-averse), cheap, Christian, blunt / rude

West Coast-
Good: Hotties (by Asians, considered best looking women of different Asian flavors), smart, great food
Bad: Flashy / Superficial, flaky, only hang out with other Koreans, FOBby, Christian, stupidly modified cars

Old 10-20-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Korean-American

East Coast-
Good: Smart, hard-working, frugal, goes to med school / law school, stable, frank
Bad: Goes to med school / law school (too risk-averse), cheap, Christian, blunt / rude

West Coast-
Good: Hotties (by Asians, considered best looking women of different Asian flavors), smart, great food
Bad: Flashy / Superficial, flaky, only hang out with other Koreans, FOBby, Christian, stupidly modified cars

[/ QUOTE ]

FOBby?
WTF?!!

Koreans didnt come over on boats like Vietnamese.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:39 PM

I think my answer will be original enough to be worth posting.

Im chilean.
Good: We have lots of villainy and slyness, our women are the most attractive, our women are the bravest( many of them have to raise kids on their own, they do with a lot of effort,we men really are a bunch of pussies) and we know how to have fun without having material stuff.
Bad: We are not assertive enough, we are mediocre, we care way too much about other ppl lives and we want to be way too much like higher social classes.