Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: WCOOP Main Event Winner Playing 4 HU 5k on Stars at Once

I second the jealous haters remark.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Diablo, you guys are making inferences about him as a person, judging by his poker playing, and trash talk? So, yeah he talked trash at the final table, but so what? He wanted the other players to fear him, and think they were outmatched, and... the probably were. Who cares if he loses all his money doing this, he clearly has shown that he is incredibly talented at this and will definitely be a winning poker player. If he gets into some other things, drugs, craps, sports betting, etc, it could definitely ruin him, but give the guy some credit. You don't have to be friendly (although I try to be...) and a great guy at the table, theres no rule book of poker that says you can't talk smack at the table. Ever watched Matusow play Prahlad on FT... There is some serious smack going on when they play.

I really couldn't care less if this guy makes 1m dollars playing 5k heads ups, or loses it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, if he ends up losing all his money playing 5k HU, he's not a winning player.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:27 PM

Look, man, I have played NL cash games at very high stakes against many of the top pros around. And none of them can touch this kid. The worst news I heard this weekend was that UB has now changed their site to 18+. It is only a matter of time before JB cleans out the 25/50 and 50/100 games there. Brown-nosing? Maybe a little, but I've never seen a phenom like this before, and I've played against some of the best. This guy has shown a consistent domination of every style/game/limit of poker at every level he has played. A steamroller in anything he touches. He has won two major tournaments in a month. Maybe you can win one tournament due to getting lucky. But winning two tournaments without being one of the best in the world is completely impossible. You also might not know this, but when he was 13 and ZeeJustin was 14, JB was one of the top east coast division junior magic players in the world.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, man, I have played NL cash games at very high stakes against many of the top pros around. And none of them can touch this kid. The worst news I heard this weekend was that UB has now changed their site to 18+. It is only a matter of time before JB cleans out the 25/50 and 50/100 games there. Brown-nosing? Maybe a little, but I've never seen a phenom like this before, and I've played against some of the best. This guy has shown a consistent domination of every style/game/limit of poker at every level he has played. A steamroller in anything he touches. He has won two major tournaments in a month. Maybe you can win one tournament due to getting lucky. But winning two tournaments without being one of the best in the world is completely impossible. You also might not know this, but when he was 13 and ZeeJustin was 14, JB was one of the top east coast division junior magic players in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

And we shouldn't forget he found a cure for cancer during the 5 minute breaks.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:30 PM

We're talking about Bill Brasky, right?
Old 09-22-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, man, I have played NL cash games at very high stakes against many of the top pros around. And none of them can touch this kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are saying he is better than the top vegas pros? Seems unlikely that you could know this...
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 PM

What is this magic game everyone keeps talking about..

I like this kid..I just hope he doesnt go broke. In Zee's comments about him he said he owed a lot of poker players money, has he re paid that?

I hope he is investing some of his winnings, being the top player in the Poker community is nice but id trade it for financial freedom anyday.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look, man, I have played NL cash games at very high stakes against many of the top pros around. And none of them can touch this kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are saying he is better than the top vegas pros? Seems unlikely that you could know this...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, is this the sarcastic "like i don't know you're being sarcastic" response?!? it's so meta!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy has shown a consistent domination of every style/game/limit of poker at every level he has played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't he go broke (and then into debt) at some point this year?

Again i'm not doubting he's good, but what your saying is putting him with the elite, and i have a very hard time believing that.
--

And who says we're not allowed to dislike the kid? From what we've seen, we don't like him, it wasn't all poker table talk, the artticle, ZJ's little write up, and Berkowitz's terrible attitude at the table AFTER winning, when influencing the table's play wasn't even an option anymore .

We used the information available to determine that we think he's a douche, just because he won $500k doesn't mean all our insults are from jealousy. Sure we all wish we were the one that won it.. but he's still a dick head.

Bracelet me plz.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 PM

I dont know why everyone is attacking him saying hes a douchebag. I didnt see the final table chat but it sounds like he was just trash talking trying to put his opponents off. Everyone should do a little trash talking at the final table.
Closed Thread