Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Ok, the old TSP is back . . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Not to knock anyone's ethical play here, but assuming this wager/challenge took place, wouldn't anyone betting on Tommy be the least bit worried about collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, one would be stupid not to consider that. However, with the specific players TSP has chosen here, I am willing to take that risk. Schneids is someone I've gotten to know via these forums and friends of mine have met him in person as well. His integrity is, as far as I'm concerned, not at issue. Dcifr is someone who I like to argue with on these forums and there's plenty we don't see eye-to-eye on, but from what I've seen and based on a number of people I trust that know him in person, he is also someone who seems to have rock-solid integrity when it comes to something like this.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it depends if dcif and schneids would be up for it.

I'm ready to go for $50,000 per man. 150BB.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by $50k per man? Contingent, of course, upon getting all parties to agree to play, are you agreeing on the wager vs. me for $50k instead of the $100k I proposed? I could probably live with that + expenses (ie: loser will pay expenses of all parties involved). Or are you saying the freezeouts will be for $50k each or total, and the wager vs. me will stand at $100k?

Also, please let me know if you'd like to make additional wagers on Tommy not being the first to bust out 3,4,5, or more times out of ten.

I assume each of these ten freezeouts will be played until such point as one player busts out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do expenses include the money used to play in these games? I'm down for it if it includes a free trip or if the stakes are like $15/30 or something and I'm not going to lose sleep playing in a tough game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to include anything in the expenses that TSP would be willing to agree with. I don't imagine that would include the buyin itself, but everything else. I would definitely be willing to consider some sort of stipend based on the amount of time this would take.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: unfluctuation

[ QUOTE ]
"You would have to use your imagination pretty strongly to come up with a game where raising preflop out of the big blind is never the best thing to do."

But what if, by not raising with big unpaired hands from the big blind at shorthanded B&M, you create an environment in which not raising becomes correct, because of all the unexplored and freshly exploitable postflop situations and meta-game considerations that develop. Is that so impossible to imagine?

Tommy

[/ QUOTE ]

The posts you make are fantastic to read. The imagery in my mind is of a mad scientist, cooped up in the basement with lots of vials bubbling with who knows what while he cooks up a line that absolutely rules in a situation noone has ever thought of. I love to think poker can be like this.

Krishan
Old 09-13-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This will never get done, online or anywhere else. First why one earth would Barron and Schneids want to put up that much money in a game that horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free trip, stakes don't have to be very high, and I'd be willing to include a stipend for their participation.

[ QUOTE ]
while I'm confident he'd do well in that game, his time could be better spent elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have told Tommy I will give him 1/2 of the profits from this bet if it happens.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This will never get done, online or anywhere else. First why one earth would Barron and Schneids want to put up that much money in a game that horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free trip, stakes don't have to be very high, and I'd be willing to include a stipend for their participation.

[ QUOTE ]
while I'm confident he'd do well in that game, his time could be better spent elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have told Tommy I will give him 1/2 of the profits from this bet if it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this actually happens, which I doubt, please PM me with the details if possible. Not only would I love to meet all these guys, but this would be terrific to watch.

lf
Old 09-13-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this actually happens, which I doubt, please PM me with the details if possible. Not only would I love to meet all these guys, but this would be terrific to watch.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

same here.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-13-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, have I ever played against you guys (I mean shields and turningstone pro)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have played Interpoker $100/200 then surely you have. Stars $100/200, it's possible too. I don't play on pokerroom ever. BTW that's the best misspelling of my name I've seen yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 09:12 PM

Eugene,

I think you are missing the point of this wager here. The stakes that these guys will play the freezeout for might not be large at all. The big wager on the table is TSP betting that Tommy will be the first player to bust out in 9 out of 10 4-way freezeout matches. I have played varying amounts with all of these players and have my suspicions about how they stack up in such a scenario, but that is neither here not there. I am simply accepting TSP's wager that Tommy will be the first to bust out 90% of the time.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played varying amounts with all of these players

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect I'm not the same player as a year or two ago. A lot better in some ways, probably slightly worse in other ways. And yup, a defensive reply shows a lack of confidence on my part.

FWIW, I think it'd be a mental barrier playing a 4-handed game knowing that there are people in it who might be playing "to survive." That might influence how we play our hands and turn the game into more of a tourney style than you or TSP are desiring. Additionally, regardless of who has a higher EV in the game, I know that it's quite likely that I will have bigger variance than Tommy since my style tends to bring out some variance in the results, so, even IF I have more EV than Tommy in the game, 10 freeze out matches are not a guarantee to show anything (no duh!). So, that means, if I entered the match I'm left scratching my head whether I tighten up some things and focus a little harder on "chip preservation," even at the sacrifice of some EV. See what I mean?