Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Eight Steps To Destroy America

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Phil Ivey Fan,

Did the people who occupied America before your ancestors got here think your people were the greatest thing since sliced bread, or did they resent them?

Bottom line is America has always been a place where everybody figured their own immigration was good for the melting-pot, but the next batch of folks was a disaster waiting to happen. We'll survive the Mexicans, and we'll survive you also.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy you make a lot of assumptions about the OP's ancestry. I can't speak for him but I can tell you my parents were educated and spoke English when they came over here and were welcomed by their employers. They are big supporters of legal immigration of people who can contribute to society, while they are large detractors of illegal immigrants who come over here to leech off the system.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while they are large detractors of illegal immigrants who come over here to leech off the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know why you feel the need to point that out.

Everybody is a large detractor of people who leech off the system, inmigrants or not.

Usually people who make these claims think illegal inmigration = people who leech off the system. But they are usually way off in their analysis.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:58 AM

Since I'm not allowed to call him racist or xenophobic, I'll call him an ignorant prick instead.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I'm not allowed to call him racist or xenophobic, I'll call him an ignorant prick instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

.....you can, however, call his point of view 'racist or xenophobic'. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 09:08 AM

"and can't handle the process like responsible adults"

HaHa.

Gee honey, i applied for a work visa in the US months ago, it should be approved soon, just sit back, relax and don't worry that i make less than 1$ an hour, or that any kind of health care is out of our reach for our ill son. We will be good responsible people and just sit here in squalor with little/no chance to improve our lives.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:15 AM

OK i got this far

""A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy Persia threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and
geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. "E. Pluribus Unum" -- From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'unum,' we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo.""

This is total BS. The greek city-states were almost constatly at war with one another- either overtly fighting, or pushing each other into meaningless conflicts. There was no great greek self identity- it was a bunch of small nations who banded together to fight a common adversary and hten went back to their petty bickering.
Most of the other stuff is garbage aswell.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Phil Ivey Fan,

Did the people who occupied America before your ancestors got here think your people were the greatest thing since sliced bread, or did they resent them?

Bottom line is America has always been a place where everybody figured their own immigration was good for the melting-pot, but the next batch of folks was a disaster waiting to happen. We'll survive the Mexicans, and we'll survive you also.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between these immigrants from mexico and my grandparents (immigrants from Greece) is that my grandparents adapted to american civilization. They learned english. My grandfather fought in the wwII. They worked their asses off to make an income and pay taxes...my grandfather eventually saved enough money to open a small deli where he worked 18 hour days and had a cot in the back to sleep. They raised 4 kids and sent them all to college so they wouldn't have to work as hard.

This mindset is no longer alive in america. "Come over, work hard and help your future generations prosper by making sacrifices". Everyone lives for themselves. Why do you think the african americans are still "oppressed" and call for "reparations" (don't get me started). I'm no racist, but this really bothers me a great bit.

As for the mexicans sneaking across our boarders and south americans coming by raft... they don't want to be american. they just want to live here because its a better life than mexico. they are a severe burden on the health care/welfare/and educational system. And to be fair, you can't blame them. They are looking out for their families back home. Working 14hr days in the fields and sending small wages home, so they can support their family.

Democrats will eventually run this country into the ground with there health care reform dreams and "everyone is welcome in america" attitude...a most deadly combination.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gee honey, i applied for a work visa in the US months ago, it should be approved soon, just sit back, relax and don't worry that i make less than 1$ an hour, or that any kind of health care is out of our reach for our ill son. We will be good responsible people and just sit here in squalor with little/no chance to improve our lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
So the criminals that come over here illegally should be allowed to stay, while the honest people that try to handle the process through proper means get screwed over because that's just one more person that "cut in line". Give me a break. Put 'em back on their rafts or throw them back over the wall and tell them to get in line like everyone else.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think I am, so I think the OP is racist, xenophobic and an ignorant prick.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:32 AM

Calling them irresponsible because they have real problems feeding their kids and are trying to make life better for themselves is asinine.

And the reason that they haven't been "tossed back" is that most intelligant people realize that illegal immigrants provide invaluable services which keep prices down in america- and also lead to higher profits for cooperations (which are taxed!).