Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: SNG\'s.... to good to be true?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, you saw that thread about pushing with TT level 1. Was just trying to give bad advice. I wouldn't dream about doing that L1 and i agree that was a fold. Just trying to indirectly make the games even more softer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either:

1) You really meant what you said about pushing TT and you suck at poker and you are just a troll, or

2) You are being honest when you say that you purposely gave bad advice and you are just a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think no 2 applies. Okay, i'm a troll, if that's what you want to call me, but why would you want to give good advice? Does it give you a warm glowing feeling inside? Probably, but it will indirectly harm you ROI even if it is by a tiny percentage.

Imagine you actually come across that player who was questioning whether to call a raise of 80 with TT l1 and the same situation arises. You raise to 80 with KK, and he has TT in front of him, thanks to your advice he then folds rather then pushes. This will have an impact on your ROI.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This will have an impact on your ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has a bigger impact if that player thinks that all poker players are cheats and takes up Sudoku as a hobby instead.

Lori
Old 09-04-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was just trying to give bad advice. I wouldn't dream about doing that L1 and i agree that was a fold. Just trying to indirectly make the games even more softer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has it occured to you that this is 100% the wrong way to maintain the player surge we are currently enjoying?

Lori

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let Party/Paradise etc take care of the player surge... I'd personally rather keep the games soft.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way am i posting full hand historys. Can you imagine if a load of fish saw it, and started copying my game. Don't want to give the fish ideas about folding their AQ to raises L1 or folding hands like QJ KJ AJ etc in early position. Not to mention the "moves" i commonly make later on the game that would be given away

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who now thinks that this entire thread is a joke, most likely the work of SFB during his off time in Vegas? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I agree with kyro, this is pure gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, if only someone had planned this out 4 months in advance, starting a new screen name, using it for a while, then BAMM, posting retarded things about having a perfect game whilst playing the 20s, asking people to stop giving advice and coaching and making a poor strat post and covering it with "i was giving bad advice intentionally".

Unfortunately i just think hes some dumbass.

Phill
Old 09-04-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This will have an impact on your ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has a bigger impact if that player thinks that all poker players are cheats and takes up Sudoku as a hobby instead.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about cheating???? Worth nudging people in the wrong direction, and i've noticed that even some long time posters have become extremely clever in this, to the extent of posting HH where they have done something "unusual" and claimed that it is something for you to think about doing next time you play.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
but i'm at a stage now where i just can't see where i can improve my SNG game? Sound arrogant?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is -EV for me to say this, because I'm playing the 20's right now, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You obviously came on here to only brag if you believe this statement, even the absolute top notch people (irie, raptor, etc) Realize that there is always something new to learn.

Enjoy your run, and drop the attitude, you'll realize how much you've learned 3 months from and be thankful that you opened your mind instead of your mouth.

Welcome to the forum!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've obviously come across really bad, but i stand by what i have said.. the games are soft, and are easy to beat for anyone with a bit of intelligence!

Wasn't bragging either, just trying to illustrate a point that surely sooner or later the games are going to toughen up soon. Thinking back to my bumper day, for how much longer can i expect people to give me an easy double up l1 racing their A9s against my AA? These guys a surely gonna wisen up soon, no?

As for improvement, i didnt say i didnt want to improve (of course i do!) but at the moment i'm struggling to see where i can improve. Sure there is room for improvement out there but cant find it. Poker is a steep learning curve as we all know.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well maybe I was a litle harsh. Yes the 5's, 10's, 20's and 30's are full of bone headed plays. There are some I can't even believe.

First what you need to realize is that some people use poker as a form of entertainment. They got $11 to spare, they screw around in a SnG, get bored, decide to try and win it right there at 25-50 and lose all their chips.

Second, the people making the dumb mistakes can win. If you have the 10 worst poker playerse in the world playing poker at one table, the person who is 10th stupidest will beat the table in the long run. Most of the SnG are filled with 10 horrible players. Thousands (guessing) go off per hour, a 2+2 player can't be at them all. (even though we can try)

Third, variance can make the best players look humble. I consider myself a good low limit SnG player, but went on a 25 buy in drop from those same idiots who call my push with A9o against my AA, and flop 99x.

Fourth, no matter how well you are playing, realize that you are only scratching the surface of your abilities and the knowledge of poker. I have yet to have a tournament where I've played every hand perfect. My goal is not to win as much money (even though that is a result), my goal is to play each hand the best I can with regard to my opponents, the situation, the chip stacks, the blinds, etc.

And when I mean open your mind and shut your mouth, I don't mean that in a mean way. If a student is waiting to ask a question, they normally, shut their ears and try to get their teachers attention while missing the current lesson. Put your hand down, open your ears to every person who has already travelled your path, and to every newbie who may stumble along some piece of wisdom tht a season veteran may have missed. Learn what is good advice and what is conjecture. And most importantly, love poker for poker, not for the money. I started really learning when I gave myself 50 buy ins to handle stupid swings for the $10's so I wouldn't worry about the money.

Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's sad that everyone here is criticizing this guy without knowing any facts. I'd like to see this guy's numbers (ROI and # of tournaments played) before I have an opinion.

Oh, and I agree this guy is a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you and many others actually took the time to read my posts you'd realise this isn't meant to be a brag about how well i'm doing, it was more to say i really don't believe the money can be this easy. As for stats:

200s - played 1 and finished 4th [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
100s - never played
50s - played 26 ROI 46%
30s - played 32 ROI -2%
20s - played 1237 ROI 24%
10s - played 2134 ROI 17%
5s - played 376 ROI 34%

I've already said that i've had massive downswings (dropped 60 buyins at the 20's about 4-6 months ago). Was depressing but i was making small adjustments i wasn't aware of.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of players with that kind of results posting here. No one except you claim to play perfect poker.

[ QUOTE ]
Who said anything about cheating????

[/ QUOTE ]

If you make it through a second year of poker, you may learn that losing players usually look for someone to blame. If they then discover that some guy deliberately gave them bad advice, they will often consider that they have been cheated and just stop playing.

In fairness, I don't believe it's possible for you to give deliberately bad advice to anyone anyway.

Lori
Old 09-04-2005, 01:27 PM

This thread was entertaining at first, but now it is just the same as any other.

Here is my challenge to the OP.
Just keep posting and playing and letting us know your status.
Your SnG has no room for improvment, and everything the veterns have tried to help point out to you, you have an excuse or reason for it.

So put out or shut up.

I expect to see you at the 109's in a month pwning.

Otherwise..... stfu.
<font color="white"> Have we all been trolled... </font>
Old 09-04-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way am i posting full hand historys. Can you imagine if a load of fish saw it, and started copying my game. Don't want to give the fish ideas about folding their AQ to raises L1 or folding hands like QJ KJ AJ etc in early position. Not to mention the "moves" i commonly make later on the game that would be given away

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who now thinks that this entire thread is a joke, most likely the work of SFB during his off time in Vegas? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I agree with kyro, this is pure gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, if only someone had planned this out 4 months in advance, starting a new screen name, using it for a while, then BAMM, posting retarded things about having a perfect game whilst playing the 20s, asking people to stop giving advice and coaching and making a poor strat post and covering it with "i was giving bad advice intentionally".

Unfortunately i just think hes some dumbass.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Another constructive post.. well done sir! I could show you my last 2000 HH's and you will NEVER see me pushing over the top with TT l1. And no, i'm not a "dumbass".
Closed Thread