Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 11:16 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: Ahhh, baseball. NYY vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
A 2HR blast in the 9th inning of Curt Schilling at Fenway to give us the lead in an important pennant race?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that a prediction that he's doing it the next two nights as well?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:55 PM

The Yankees still have to pay their salaries. It's called the guaranteed contract rule in MLB.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:21 AM

All pennant races are important, no?

Wang has now gone on the disable list. The Yankees have called somebody up from AAA (not the auto club, although somebody from the auto club would probably have as much chance as winning) to pitch tomorrow. With Randy Johnson struggling, the Red Sox still have to like their chances the rest of the series.

The Yankees are going through the next couple of weeks against the Sox, Texas and California with only two starting pitchers.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Yankees are going through the next couple of weeks against the Sox, Texas and California with only two starting pitchers and the best offense in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-15-2005, 03:56 AM

Its going to be 2002 all over again where the Angels beat the crap out of the Yankees in the playoffs.

I cant wait.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:05 AM

Supposedly we'll have Pavano back in a week or so.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Supposedly we'll have Pavano back in a week or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus Brownie

In two weeks, the Yankee rotation will be Randy-Moose-Pavano-Brown-[insert random minor leaguer here]. That's not so bad.

It's certainly better than that of the Sox:

Clement-Wakefield-Wells-Arroyo-Miller.

As for the Sox bullpen, their only two reliable guys are Myers and Timlin, and Myers can only face lefties. Righties light him up. We have a couple inferio versions of r Myers and it is clear that Mariano > Timlin. You guys don't have a Sturtze or a Gordon, so our bullpen is better than yours as well.

And I'd stack the Yankees offense against the Sox offense any day of the week. We ripped Arroyo apart tonight and then went to work on the bullpen.

Additionally, our rotation will improve in the next couple of weeks with the return of Brownie and Pavano. Their rotation will not improve because this is what they have. Schilling is not capable of being in the rotation, and maybe not even capable of pitching in the major leagues any more. He might just be too fat and too old.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wang has now gone on the disable list. The Yankees have called somebody up from AAA (not the auto club, although somebody from the auto club would probably have as much chance as winning) to pitch tomorrow. With Randy Johnson struggling, the Red Sox still have to like their chances the rest of the series.

The Yankees are going through the next couple of weeks against the Sox, Texas and California with only two starting pitchers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wang is most likely out for the year. (This came out of nowhere) --Rotator cuff injury according to the NY Papers.

Tim Redding starts tonight.

Lord know's who for saturday.

Pavano's two weeks away and Jaret Wright is indefinite. It's going to a be a tough stretch; I guess the Yanks will pick up Al Leiter, there's also an alleged trade in the works for Shawn Chacon.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wait till they bring in Schilling and he serves one up to A-Rod.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this thread this morning, and saw dead drop this gem. VNH.

So perfect... Schilling comes back in a big spot and Arod homers... I could not ask for more. So awesome. Maybe Schilling will be quiet for a while. Rivera was glorious as well.

That was a huge, huge comeback and win. First, because it proves the Sox pitching is crap. Arroyo is not very good, and there is no one in the Sox pen who can stop the Yankees. Timlin's numbers are good but in the limited times I've seen him his stuff is not good. Plus he lets tons of inheirited runners score (like last night, that won't count in the ERA but he still was bad). Second, the Yankees have to win when Moose and RJ are on the mound.

Getting this win was huge, not only because we are within 1 in the loss column, but also because it gets us going into the bad part of our rotation having won against the sox. The Yankees rotation has been a total mess, and we're still gaining ground. 8 of our last nine. If you had told me
"Gordon got taken out with soreness, Pavano is injured, Wang is injured" I would have said, "uh, season over".

The Yankees rotation is awful right now, but we are still in dangerous ground, starting minor leaguers and such, but we've still been winning, that's the only thing that is preventing me from saying "we'll be in 1st in the division in a week". And the uselessness of the Sox staff.

Oh yeah, and Giambi- is back.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not even a true Yankees fan, Andy. I know so much more about the Yankees than you do, and it's clear that you don't follow the team developments on a day-to-day basis.

You've been predicting doom and gloom for the Yankees ever since April, probably to kiss up to the Red Sox Nation post on 2+2. Blah blah blah, they'll only win 86 games by my estimation, blah blah blah.

The 2000 World Champion Yankees only won 87 games. That was enough to win the division.