Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Move out or continue to live with parents?

I don't even have to read the post to give you an answer: move out and no, it's not close.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even have to read the post to give you an answer: move out and no, it's not close.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read the replies either. The answer is, if you have to come HERE for advice on what to do with your life, you aren't ready to leave home. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I very honestly only read this much. "You equals pathetic."

I never claimed to know anything more than what you volunteer...take care,,arod4276

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he wins. Sorry GOT.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For me it is a means to an end. My real goal is to acquire income producing assets. Preferably those that don't require a whole lot of babysitting. I plan on taking the money from this rehab and buying my first rental unit. If I can do that once every few years I'll be happy. That is just money though, and money isn't everything.

I think the best reason to move out of my parents house though is that I am 31, and it is "pathetic". Which means that if I am "pathetic", then I am not doing a very good job showing others how God is working in my life, and He is. So I'm moving out. I'm going to try and make an effort to show how God is working in my life by being an independent, financially secure, successful Christian with a great attitude!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's great to hear that you have ambition to head in this direction. I have no doubt that God will bless you in ways you can't imagine. It's going to take a lot of hard work but it will be worth it.

In Him, Evan
Old 07-11-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YES i agree they were.... Did you read them all or just selectively pick the one criticizing an [censored] for being just that? T ry going back and reading every post i made in this thread and say that again without looking like the fool u must be..arod4276

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf man? It sounded sincere to me.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:42 PM

WELL it wasnt . Read it again you will see. arod4276
Old 07-11-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For me it is a means to an end. My real goal is to acquire income producing assets. Preferably those that don't require a whole lot of babysitting. I plan on taking the money from this rehab and buying my first rental unit. If I can do that once every few years I'll be happy. That is just money though, and money isn't everything.

I think the best reason to move out of my parents house though is that I am 31, and it is "pathetic". Which means that if I am "pathetic", then I am not doing a very good job showing others how God is working in my life, and He is. So I'm moving out. I'm going to try and make an effort to show how God is working in my life by being an independent, financially secure, successful Christian with a great attitude!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's great to hear that you have ambition to head in this direction. I have no doubt that God will bless you in ways you can't imagine. It's going to take a lot of hard work but it will be worth it.

In Him, Evan

[/ QUOTE ]

Brick, are you aware that you now have 666 posts?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You equals pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't give you a well-deserved flaming as you have since you've apologized, but let this serve as a warning to anyone else who might post negative garbage in response to a post like this. Young, single 20-somethings (whose parents probably paid for their college education) don't know jack [censored] about what life can be life when really bad things happen, with divorce being one of the worst. I hope for your sakes you can continue going through life being ignorant of what it is like being forced to do something like the OP has done due to finanacial reasons, but that ignorance won't absolve you of the duty of being a decent human being, nor permit you to make judgements on people were not so fortunate.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:52 PM

Very well said. I think some people forget that we all come from very different backgrounds, some easy, some not so easy.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You equals pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't give you a well-deserved flaming as you have since you've apologized, but let this serve as a warning to anyone else who might post negative garbage in response to a post like this. Young, single 20-somethings (whose parents probably paid for their college education) don't know jack [censored] about what life can be life when really bad things happen, with divorce being one of the worst. I hope for your sakes you can continue going through life being ignorant of what it is like being forced to do something like the OP has done due to finanacial reasons, but that ignorance won't absolve you of the duty of being a decent human being, nor permit you to make judgements on people were not so fortunate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I firmly believe that 2 years is MORE than enough time for anyone to get his [censored] together and get out of his parent's basement. If I'm a bad person for thinking this way, then so be it.