Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: **IMPORTANT** Message from granny via email...

I am heading up the WSOP raffle for the zoo now, and have been in contact with both true poker and poker stars, so besides sending granny, which I sincerely hope works, we will send another playing as well. We have a great proposed triple shootout raffle method that pays $11K to winner ($10K seat+$1K for expenses) as well as $312.50 to 4 others, I am waiting for PS approval, but this will hopefully be the 2nd of the zoo reps to go. This is the thread, in case you havent seen it.

New WSOP Raffle Thread
~Justin
Old 05-19-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: **IMPORTANT** Message from granny via email...

I want to buy a share too (if it's not too late). I don't care whether it's $100 or $120 (includes expenses) for 1%. I would even be inclined to let GRANNY donate 50% of the winnings to charity (you can put that into our contract, GRANNY) to add a little good karma to GRANNYs mission. Since I am living overseas, I would also be happy to forego the taxes due (the charity thing would offset 50% of the taxes, right?).
Old 05-19-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Granny goes to Vegas!

I'll kick in another 20 bucks for expenses with no additional equity necessary.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:29 AM

Some suggestions.....

Custom clothes paid for by Paradise, as they seem to have a good relationship (or if not Stars). Hat will say Paradise Poker Loves their Granny, shirt will say the same with the Granny pic and Q5s on the back ala Vinny

Id suggest the lower price per share, if there is too much money, this is of course mainly for fun

OR

Granny can buy us all souveneirs YAY!! (I want a WSOP hot dog)

OR

We can implement plan C....... sponsor Death Valley [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and maybe a few others to a one table sattelites to the main event in Vegas, or perhaps online so that all can watch.

As for hotel and travel, I cant see how it wouldnt be worth it for one of the sites to pony up clothing, hotel and airfare. They sponsor many a tool, and Granny has a lot of experience and a HUGE following, Almost guarenteed bigger than any other player in the field who has not been on a WPT show.

Last note, the money should be collected before it is decided that there is too much of it, as they say talk is cheap.... in this case, literally [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Update #2 - A new suggestion for your approval.

other late arrivals -

DaveKForty7
HesseJam
ilovemyZ ($50)
StacysMom ($50)

we now have 97 pledges of $50 or $100

Granny is willing to sell us $6000-worth of Granny-shares

i haven't discussed the following with Granny, but i wanted to put these my latest thoughts in front of the Zoo for consideration

let's estimate that 7 drop out for their own reasons

the other 90 could each put up an average of $67 + $13 to help defray expenses = $80 x 90 = $7200 total, and receive two-thirds of a per cent of any winnings - this seems very fair to me in the context of our discussions, albeit that at this point Granny (wrongly, imo) doesn't want us to pay any of his expenses

some of us don't want to pay more than $50 - some want to pay more than $100

if we divide the above by two and offer 180 Granny-shares at $40 each, this meets the wishes of both groups, almost ideally, imo

some of the $50-men pay only $40; some can move up to two for $80 - some of the $100-men pay only $80; some can move up to three for $120

each $40 Granny-share earns its buyer (1/3)% of winnings (if any)

heck, if there is a run on the 180 Granny-shares, we could maybe open a secondary market on them and sell them on before the Game at more (or less) than the original $40!

if this suggestion meets with general approval i'll try to talk Granny into accepting it and we can organise a first come first served (from our 97) sale very quickly - any that don't get sold to the favoured 97 can be offered to (God forbid) one of the other forums - although personally i can't see this being the case from reading some of the encouraging pm's i've been receiving
Old 05-19-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Update #2 - A new suggestion for your approval.

I like the shares idea my self.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:52 AM

Default When do WSOP seats go on sale?

The possibility of a shut out would be averted if you could buy one right now or well ahead of time. (Though I'm guessing you can only buy them in person, as otherwise it probably violates some interstate gambling law.) Since online poker sites seem to be able to reserve seats, there must be some mechanism for doing this (I wonder if all sites giving away seats know what they are doing and have made arrangments for reserved seats--could be very bad publicity if one of their seat winners goes and doesn't get to play).
Old 05-19-2005, 11:58 AM

Can I join in ?
I'd like to get some part of the action.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:03 PM

Mike, I think it sounds like a great idea. Jurollo has an idea to approach Stars and ask if they will allow us to donate FPP points towards Granny's lodging. I would like to see a major site step up and offer lodging for granny to wear their gear but I am not confident that this will happen.

Your plan can actually eliminate having to rely on a major site to come thru on lodging.

I am def in and support his idea 100%.

Thanks for the hard work Mike. Much appreciated.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:23 PM

Do we have to purchase a full share or can we just donate some money? I'd like to throw in $10 or something, really wouldn't care about profit sharing if he wins anything because of how small my contribution would be.