Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: LONG - AC Trip Report - AKA Hotel Bonus Whoring w/2+2ers

[ QUOTE ]
* Was sitting to the left of tripdad (didnt know this until a while after we were playing), when the following hand came up. I'm dealt AA, raise it up, one caller on the far end of the table and tripdad come along to see a flop of 42T rainbow. I bet, am raised, and I believe re-raised, all call and another T comes on the turn. I bet, am re-raised, and all the while thinking man, my AA is going to get seriously cracked here. Well, off to the river I go as I spike my A and hear groans from tripdad and the other end of the table - this time I bet, am called in both spots and flip over my cards for the riverboat. Other end flips up 44 for the flopped set turned boat, and tripdad flips up 22 for the flopped set turned boat. Sorry guys, HUGE pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, boy...you were drunk. i had the 44. i bet out on the flop, i was UTG+1 in the hand, and had limped when you raised. the coldcaller....overly friendly goofy guy....had the dueces. anyway, i bet out, you raised, dueces colcalled (WTF?). i smooth called, then check/raised the turn when the other ten came. the river was an Ace...and i was quite close to folding my 2nd high boat, because you had talked about your hand to overly friendly guy during play. he kept saying "i know i'm going to be paying you off", then when you showed your Aces full, he said, "i knew you had Aces!!" uh, if you know your opponent has Aces, and you flop a set, how about a raise somewhere? if he 3-bets, and i cap the flop, your aces are not going to see the river. especially when ten #2 shows up on the turn. anyway, nice hand. this was basically a very good representation of my whole weekend at the tables....2nd best.

good to meet you guys, even for a short period of time!

cheers!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
14) I suck out like a good little fish. I suck out g00t. CCX moved to my table. He proceeds to finish up around even, and calls it a night right when we get trouted by Tripdad – who is sitting next to us. Nice guy, but no more sex for you. 3 wasn’t good enough, you had to shoot for four? Are you insane???? Good meeting you mate!

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, its not so bad. compare it to poker. you ask the dealer for AT LEAST a king and a queen, so you can play. he deals you pocket Q's. you flop trips. the turn is a blank, but you're still getting action. lo and behold, the river reveals the case lady!

luckily, there are only five streets, and no wild cards in hold'em, 'cause i'm holding the stone cold nuts!

cheers!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:28 PM

thanks for clearing up the fuzzy details on that hand - i was way more tired/exhausted than drunk at that point, i just wanted to go hooooome....i was fully expecting to be driven out on the turn when that 10 hit, i just couldnt help but think someone had TT - and you're right if it was capped i was definitely out, i have no clue what the goofy guy was thinking by not raising, but it gave me the option to stick around to the river where Ad popped out - the only thing i said during the hand was shaking my head after the second 10 on the turn saying 'man, you know how this one turns out', seemingly resigned to my fate - again, nice meeting you and make sure to give a shout if you're in AC again! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 01:04 PM

The $150 bonus from Empire just arrived in my account.... Hurrah!

I have now successfully completed whoring a hotel bonus. I guess there is a first for everything, eh?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 03:55 PM

Did any body here win the raffle?

How was Doughtery's presentation after the procession?
Old 01-19-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did any body here win the raffle?

How was Doughtery's presentation after the procession?

[/ QUOTE ]

i won the raffle. also, i struck up conversation with Daugherty during the party, and felt semi-obligated to go to the seminar, so i did. he did have some good advice, but it was geared totally toward big live tournies, which i do not generally play. i had to leave early, because my wife and someone she met during the LIPS tourney that day headed to the Borg instead of the seminar. she called my cell around 30 minutes into the seminar....she had forgaotten her DL and her Borg rewards card, so i had to leave early.

cheers!
Old 01-19-2005, 04:42 PM

Too bad I rarely read the B+M section, or I would have meet up with some of the posters. Empire should have more of these events. +EV all around. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 06:05 PM

ok fellas, time for my own belated trip report(first day back at work).

my wife and i drove from Indiana in my dad's mercedes 300D instead of our gas guzzling yukonXL. it was raining hard, and visibility was low, so we decided to stop for some rainX(best product ever invented). it took us 30 minutes finding it, finally resorting to a wal-mart about a mile off I-70 in ohio. got it on, and started making up the time...visibility was better now WITHOUT wipers on than before rainX and WITH wipers...awesome.

so, we are well into PA on I-70 south of Pittsburg when we are stopped with traffic. we are there for around 30 or 45 minutes when i decide to get out of the car to investigate. lo and behold, just around the bend is a semi tractor/trailer embroiled in flames. i contact the pennsylvania state police, and am told we would be on our way fairly shortly. approximately one hour later, most of the vehicles are being turned off...looks like we're going to be here for awhile longer. i proceed to turn off our vehicle as well...and it won't turn off! i notice i have but less than a quarter tank left, and if you know about deisel engines, running out of fuel is a disaster...a big one. no big deal, there is a manual engine kill switch under the hood. but, alas, it doesn't work! not only that, but now the heater now isn't working, and it isn't exactly toaty outside...not to mention the rain we had managed to out run has caught back up with us.

alright! 3 hours later and still with some fuel, we start moving again. all is well...i'll fuel up, and drive another few hours, and expect to hit AC by noon or so after stopping at a motel for some ZZZZ's.

we do so, and in the morning, we head off to AC (the manual engine kill finally decided to work). about an hour into our drive, and still 4 hours from AC, my wife rolls down the passenger window to extinguish a cigarette. she proceeds to roll it back up, when it decides to go kaput(electric window). now we have a long drive with no heat, and the window is stuck down! fun times.

my dad calls in the AM with news from his mechanic. the heat and the engine shut off are both controlled by a vaccuum system. we had been idling on the highway, and the likely culprit was a hose that had vibrated off of its designated home. ahhh! i found it, and put it back on. at least we now have heat, and the car turns off when i want it to. we'll deal with the window when we get to AC...figuring to just cover with plastic and duck tape the gap...its only a bit less than half way down.

so, we finally roll into AC...at 4:00PM friday...nearly 12 hours later than originally planned. we want to play soime poker! first stop is to register at Trump Marina where we had our reservations. then, off to Harrah's to register for the ladies only LIPS tourney saturday, and me in the super satellite at noon. done! off to Borgata...yeah!

we almost immediately get seated..me at the $2/5 N/L, and Treena at the $1/2 N/L. i get down a bit, and impatient, so i move to a $1/2 N/L table. from there, off to $3/6 limit, then the $6/12 limit. all told, i end the day down about a buck-fifty. all is good, though, because the wife leaves up $400+...yeah!

after some sleep and breakfast, it is now tourney time at Harrah's. i'm pretty card dead for awhile when i get the Aces i'd been looking for. decent pot, and i'm up to T450 from T200 starting stack when i'm dealt JTs in the BB. there is one limper, then a min-raise. folded to me...i call, as does the limper. the flop is good for me...JT2 rainbow! i check to trap, and it works! PFR goes all in when checked to him...i instacall, as does the limper? (PFR has us both covered). PFR shows KK, limper shows A9s (????). the turn...a 2! rebuy!!!

i end the rebuy period with a measly stack of T125, and the blinds are T25/50. i decided not to spend another $400 to bring my stack to T525 with the blinds going up every 20 minutes, i'm basically spending $400 for a short stack...no thanks! i'll play it out, and head to the Borg to play some cash games.

well, i actually end up building a pretty decent stack, first going all-in from the BB with QJhearts and 5 limpers. unfortunately, 2 of the limpers dropped out to my measly T75 raise (WTF?). i triple up and then some when i get a lovely 9TA flop with 2 hearts. the turn brings the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and makes my flush.

i run fairly well from then on, doubling with AQo, then again with AJs. the blinds are going up so fast, though, so basically everyone is short except very few big stacks. my last hand, i get A6s in the CO. it is folded to me, and the BB is pretty tight, and has a decent stack(+-T4000). blinds are T300/600 with T75 antes, so i push it all in. unfortunately, BB wakes up with AK, and i am bust. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. top 10 get the $10,000 seat, and 11th gets $4500 cash. i am out in 25th place. booooooo. i'm pretty pleased with the way i played, though....no regrets. the tourney started with 175 players, and about 40 alternates were let in after folks busted and did not want to re-buy.

my wife busted out of the LIPS tourney in 60th place out of 169 entrants + alternates. one of the alternates was Kathy Liebert...a bra-less Kathy Liebert (i have a cell phone snap shot of it for those interested...not pretty!)...who sat across from my wife from the time she got in as an alternate. Kathy ended up finishing in 2nd place. Treena said she was really down to earth, and they had talked quite a bit about kids and life...stuff other than poker.

anyway, that night is the empire party. playboy bunnies = not hot IMO. food good. music....what a shame. i did get the $150, won the $250 raffle, and got the deposit bonus of $100. the empire guy said my wife will get the same deal, too...we just need to have a different e-mail for her. he gave me his card, so hopefully this will work out. if so, looks like my two hours will net me $750! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] we also picked up several shirts people had left behind at the event, so our friends at home will be stylin'!

after that, it was off to Borg...met TT and CCx, and a couple others very briefly. TT does dress well, so much so he intimidated a pretty boy to his left. TT gets up for something, and pretty boy switches seats...complaining about TT's arrogance the whole time and whining. i personally didn't see it that way...hey, the man dresses to kill. does that make him an arrogant ass? maybe it was TT's unique method of mucking his cards. the helicopter muck? anyway, the rest of the night left me card dead for the most part, and the draws i picked up didn't pan out. down another buck-fifty or so. i had to leave before my time, because the wife was getting frustrated at the suckouts at her $6/12 table...and not being seated promptly in the $1/2 N/L game. oh, well.

sunday was spent at the Taj, where i played some $5/10, then some $1/2 N/L. one hand at $5/10, i'm dealt A7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. there are 6 limpers to me, so i raise it up! the gorgeous flop was Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB bets out, and gets 4 callers to me, when i raise. it ends up a 5 way cap on the flop. unfortunately, i get no help, and muck for 1 bet on the river with my baby pair. this, and the CCx hand was a microcosm of my entire weekend at the tables, basically....other than the rare bright spot in the N/L games.

all in all, we went to play poker, and did. we always have a good time playing, win or lose...and we did so this time, as well. hold'em is a great stress reliever for us and our overly hectic lives. we're not gambling with diaper money or anything. i won't even get into our trip home, other than to say we did get the window fixed monday AM in Absecon, and didn't get home until our kids were in bed. hey, i did manage to get a couple hundred hands of $3/6 on Empire in monday night before retiring to my nice, soft, comfy bed.

oh, forgot to mention... i did get laid 4 times during the weekend, against TT's advice! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

cheers!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe it was TT's unique method of mucking his cards. the helicopter muck?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT has the helicopter muck on LOCK...he's serious with that move! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe it was TT's unique method of mucking his cards. the helicopter muck?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT has the helicopter muck on LOCK...he's serious with that move! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT is one of the best folders I've ever played with. You gotta watch though, and call him on his string folds.