Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: 2005 Microquests Thread -- Post Your Progress, Setbacks

10/04 - Deposit $50 into Prima.
01/05 - Withdraw $600 from Prima, begin playing party skins.
03/05 - Still at Party and Skins. Gotten around to whoring some of the bonuses, still have a few left. Withdrawn about $1900 at this point for expenses and whatnot.

Goals: Finish those bonuses, get on crypto, learn NL and Omaha and be playing 5/10 limit by year's end.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:44 PM

<font color="red">OLD GOAL PROGRESS:</font>

<font color="blue">In 1 year I would like to be 4-tabling 1/2 on autopilot, and winning the same BB/100 as I am in .5/1 now.</font>

No problem 4-tabling 1/2. In fact, I'm ok 8-tabling 1/2, but the winrate isn't there yet.. Less than 1bb/100. The party 1/2 game has been killing me lately, lost 50bb in 2 hours a couple days ago.. I KNOW I was getting badbeat'ed by garbage all day..

I dont have enough 1/2 hands logged to know what my winrate is converging to, so I'm just slowly building my PT data up. Oddly enough, I'm doing MUCH better at crypto 1/2 than party 1/2..

<font color="blue">I'd like to be able to win 2/4 or 3/6 playing and concentrating on 1 table. It'd be great if I could be 4-tabling 2/4 or 3/6, but I dont know if that's realistic or not.</font>

Haven't even tried 3/6 yet, but I've taken a couple shots at 2/4. About 1500 hands worth, -30 bb. A drop in the sample size bucket. I will get there, no doubt about it..

<font color="blue">Money-wise, I'd like to be ahead 5000 BB, which seems do-able based on my win rate and #hands played per month.</font>

If I stayed at .5/1, this would be no prob whatsoever.. But like I said, 1/2 is proving to be a rocky transition.. My winrate will have to improve a lot or I won't be making this one.. This was probably an unrealistic goal to begin with.

<font color="red">NEW GOALS:</font>

1. Get my 1/2 win rate to at least 1.5bb/100, hopefully 2bb/100 in the next month or 2.. While 8-tabling.

2. Get into 2/4 or 3/6, and be able to make the same hourly rate as I make going to work. I'm close 8-tabling 1/2 (or .5/1 for that matter) IF I'm clearing bonii on all 8 tables at the same time. Im a sr software developer contracted and paid hourly, I'd love to cut hours coding and add hours playing.

3. Try 12-tabling. I've heard of ppl 20-tabling, and 8 is no prob for me now. I'll be needing some additional hardware for that one.. If it doesn't hit my winrate too much, quick way to increase revenue 50%!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So now a new goal is to win $10k in MTTs

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is going much better than I deserve, I'm sure. I've just finished 5th in another 100+9, netting another big chunk of change. So in the last 2 weeks or so, I've played in 5 big MTTs. Finished 11th, 7th, and 5th.

I'm going to keep chugging along with the MTTs, and start looking for advice on MTT play. I'm still making lots of mistakes.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My future goals remain the same. Keep moving up when I've made 300 BB and have the bankroll to support the next level and most importantly feel like I can handle the next level. My main problem right now is self-doubt. I doubt my ability after every losing session and after every winning session I can't help but feel that I've just gotten lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. You are not alone.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:20 AM

Made the move to 3/6 today. Felt comfortable despite cold cards and a moderate loss. I'll be playing 3/6 (more or less) exclusively unless all hell breaks loose. Looking forward to what promises to be an interesting month.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:24 AM

Lost entire bankroll except $300, moved back down to .5/1. Stopped playing MTTs until I can rebuild.

So far in the first 100 hands in my rebuild, I'm running at 12BB/100. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2005, 01:36 AM

I'm getting comfortable in the 1/2 6max games and they've been really good so far lot better than the reg 1/2 or even .5/1 games

I want to get about 50k in at 1/2 6max and hopefully start taking shots at 5/10 6max late summer
Old 04-04-2005, 05:51 AM

Le Bump:

The first stage (of many?) of my microquest has been completed. 300BBs and a stupid Pacific bonus cleared.

3056 hands played.
+305.6 BBs.
10.00 BBs per 100 hands.

And I get to keep the 10 dollars they started me with. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Wow. That's unsustainable, even with the insane loose-passiveness that is Pacific. It only gets harder from here... hope to run into some mirco-limit 2+2 goons on Paradise (or not!... heh).

Now I'm taking a calculated risk and infusing some of my own money to jump a limit, and I plan on playing .25/.5 until (at the very least) both bonuses are cleared. Then I'll make a judgement call from there -- even with breakeven play, it will almost be enough to make the jump to the land of milk and honey (aka Party Poker).

I also now need to buy PokerTracker, as I'll be on a site that supports it. Hoorj.

-K
Old 05-20-2005, 06:26 AM

Default My 1 Year 2+2 Anniversary

We can almost certainly do without another no content thread, so I thought I'd throw a little note in here instead. Sneaking up on the half way point, kids... how's everyone doing?

A little over a year ago (and for reasons amply explained elsewhere) I decided I wanted to learn how to play poker. In the past 12 months, I've played over 200,000 hands at a variety of limits while managing to keep myself fed, sheltered, and (more or less) sane despite the highs and lows that come with all poker, all the time.

I had some very specific goals when I started this odyssey. Most of the short term ones have been attained, which is more than I could have realistically hoped for. In recent months, I've even managed to cut down to mostly poker, some of the time -- it's meant missing out on 50,000+ hands and (what is to me) a not inconsiderable amount of $, but I seriously doubt I could have taken much more of the schedule I spent most of the year following.

I've learned a hell of a lot in the last 380-odd days, thanks in large part to the people around here who have been kind enough to share their experience and wisdom. You have motivated and inspired me... and perhaps more importantly, given me a well timed kick in the backside on more than one occasion. I haven't been as active as many, but I hope I've managed to help at least a few of you in return.

There's no shortage of far more skillful and accomplished players in the Micro/SS world. I often have trouble believing I'll ever be one of them -- if this year has taught me anything, it's an appreciation for just how good you guys are... and how hard it's going to be to get where I want to go. But today it's enough to just sit and reflect on how far I've come.

It's been a hell of a year. Heartfelt thanks to all.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:48 AM

1/05 - $200 into Paradise
Today - A lot more than that floating around in NETELLER, planning on doing BONUSMAY next.

I've been largely bonus-whoring because I only have ~15hrs/wk to play .50/1 LHE. Best of all, I'm freerolling everything from here on out, so I don't feel as risk-averse as I once did.

I usually just focus on one $100 bonus/week now (more now that I have more free time) but I also want to break out of my weak-tight shell...it's really annoying being stuck at 18/9 and not breaking the 2BB/100 mark, but I can't complain since I haven't had a 50+ BB downswing over 13k hands, and just finished a 150BB upswing during the Party April reload.

And speaking of bonus-whoring, I plan on using my newfound $$$ to accumulate large amounts of uncleared bonuses at various sites so when I have the financial/poker capacity to do so, I can clear them one by one at $1/$2 SH or $2/$4. Bonus-whoring doesn't affect my gameplay since I do it all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]