Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Shopping with Neteller - Store Open

[ QUOTE ]
I looked through some of the vendors on giftcertificates.com and did see a few 19" flat screen monitors (on mediaplay.com)

I just don't know anything about monitors..so I don't know if they are inferior to the Dell or something.

Mike; maybe you could add another division to your company: personal shopper [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, good flat screens are in high demand. I'll take a look at the giftcertificate.com stores and see what is available...
Old 10-15-2004, 05:12 PM

The Dell and the Samsung would probably be great sellers.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:24 PM

I must be living on a desert island. I've been looking through Amazon and they've got all kinds of stuff..

why did I think they were just an online book store?
Old 10-15-2004, 05:29 PM

amazon has EVERYTHING. great prices on electronics if you look daily for sales etc.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must be living on a desert island. I've been looking through Amazon and they've got all kinds of stuff..

why did I think they were just an online book store?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't find many other options from the giftcertificates.com stores besides Amazon, but they have many 20+ inch flat screens. Staples was the only other store I found, but their selection is limited.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:11 PM

I understand, but I am suprise that an offshore company couldn't change Neteller funds to cash and then send a wire or international MO to an individual in the US. Neteller is Canadian so I wouldn't think they have the same restricted laws.

What I don't understand if you have neteller other than to avoid paying taxes why would you want to exchange neteller funds for money when you have neteller tied to a bank account? Is this just for shopping?

thanks

JAque
Old 10-16-2004, 12:46 PM

actually, mike and i are not friends in the sense that we have contact. when i first saw the post asking this, i too was intruiged. then i thought about it and realized that if it were ME, i would not do it. mike's decided alone not to do this. however, in a purely hypothetical situation, if i sold these cashable instruments, i may make a few available to friends or customers but i certainly would never market them as something to be used for converting to cash. he could probably do this with no problems if it were low key and low volume.

it may very well be perfectly legal to offer these to non US residents and mike should look into that imo. of course, i don't know where mike lives and if it is ok to market these to non-US if he is in US.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:49 PM

What I don't understand if you have neteller other than to avoid paying taxes why would you want to exchange neteller funds for money when you have neteller tied to a bank account?

btw, i think the idea is to keep the funds out of the US banking system. i don't think NETeller would ever report purchases for merchandise. the gift certificate is merchandise and if it can be converted to cash it theoretically never enters the US banking system that must adhere to the P-Act
Old 10-16-2004, 12:55 PM

Ok, so we are talking tax evasion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ( I don't mean you personally)

The way I see it, I pay my taxes, the money from Neteller goes into my bank account. Then I use my regular credit card to buy whatever I want anywhere and I see no need for these certificates.

JAque

JAque
Old 10-16-2004, 10:40 PM

You should get bestbuy and Ebay giftcertificates!