Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

"I really see this no differently than befriending someone who belongs to an exclusive country club in hopes you'll be invited for a round of golf, then ditching the friendship after realizing that you're not getting an invite."

NO! Using your scenario, the analogy is befriending someone who you like and whose company you seek, as long as he also feels the same way about you. Getting an invite to the country club is nice but more because his invitation shows that he does feel that way about you. The assumption being that he has invited others. If he won't give you the same invitation he has extended to others he doesn't deserve your friendship.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Women play games. There is no argueing that. If you haven't picked this up by now then the only answer is that you date ugly, insecure women.

[/ QUOTE ]

This takes the cake for the stupidest thing ever to come from a man.

Seriously, you think that all women that aren't ugly or insecure are the ones that don't play games? You know who plays games? The stupid ones that have nothing to offer but sex and touching their boobs. Thats all they have. No brains, no wit, no creativity, no independence.

That leads me to believe from the answers on these posts that men are interested in ass from girls that will play games.

Gentlemen, there are many types of women out there. Go do something cultural. Not every woman with a functioning brain is ugly nor would they ever be insecure.

I think these types of women scare men, therefore you go for the easy ones. Those ones play games because they know every man wants sex and thats what they have to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! no, see, these's this kind of feeling sweeping our nation at large, its an outshoot of feminism. Straight men are being portrayed in our culture as incompetant, stupid, needing to be trained. And every single one of these "intimidating" women is picking up on it. So they dont want a boyfriend, they want a bitch.

The other ones play games. I never have been, and never will be intimidated by wa woman... but there is a specific reason for that: in the end, when it all comes down to it, I know I can still feel happy and fulfilled without a marriage, significant other, etc. I have what I need within myself to make myself happy. Not many guys can say that because our popular culture is all about the "happy ending" being mutually inclusive with "getting the girl".

Until more guys reach this point, they wont have power with these "intimidating" women... and honestly, those "intimidating" women that don't find bitches, you know where they end up? 35, alone, playing games to try and snag a guy before they're infertile.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I really see this no differently than befriending someone who belongs to an exclusive country club in hopes you'll be invited for a round of golf, then ditching the friendship after realizing that you're not getting an invite."

NO! Using your scenario, the analogy is befriending someone who you like and whose company you seek, as long as he also feels the same way about you. Getting an invite to the country club is nice but more because his invitation shows that he does feel that way about you. The assumption being that he has invited others . If he won't give you the same invitation he has extended to others he doesn't deserve your friendship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you assume that Snowball's fair lady invites other friends to have sex with her? Unless you do, your point doesn't hold up.

Let's tighten up the analogy and say you befriend someone who has a membership to an exclusive country club, but doesn't invite his friends to golf with him.

You happen to be a scratch golfer. You think that if this guy would only give you an invite then you could teach him a lot about golf. You are convinced that this would be good for him, and, of course, you would benefit by getting to play on a sweet golf course.

It soon becomes apparent, though, that you aren't getting an invite, so you hold your friendship over his head to try to get what you want.

Ethical?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Women play games. There is no argueing that. If you haven't picked this up by now then the only answer is that you date ugly, insecure women.

[/ QUOTE ]

This takes the cake for the stupidest thing ever to come from a man.

Seriously, you think that all women that aren't ugly or insecure are the ones that don't play games? You know who plays games? The stupid ones that have nothing to offer but sex and touching their boobs. Thats all they have. No brains, no wit, no creativity, no independence.

That leads me to believe from the answers on these posts that men are interested in ass from girls that will play games.

Gentlemen, there are many types of women out there. Go do something cultural. Not every woman with a functioning brain is ugly nor would they ever be insecure.

I think these types of women scare men, therefore you go for the easy ones. Those ones play games because they know every man wants sex and thats what they have to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have said it better myself vexvelour. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<u>Snowball Quote</u>
[ QUOTE ]
The point is to win. Sklansky understands this, why can't everyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what Sklansky is saying and that is why I know it's wrong. I'm not suggesting I know the answer or what every women on this planet thinks but from my experience it's bad advice.

I still think your concept of "winning" is misguided but revealing. Your question can only truly be answered by time and experience. You've heard my opinion and I think you have already made up your mind.

There are some people in here giving you very good advice , far more valuable on the short and long term then what Sklansky proposes. If I had to fake being friends with a women for 3-4 months until I am at "...the VERY TOP of the friends ladder..." (which is ridiculous to begin with because it'll take much longer) just to get some sex I would rather buy it from a whore. If you are desperate enough to invest the many months that it will take for you to become so close she may slip up and give you a little some-some but I am saying that the action is not going to be worth the time and emotion you invested to get it.

Blankstare
Old 11-08-2005, 01:25 AM

You dont buy whores, you rent them
Old 11-08-2005, 01:55 AM

Hi Blankstare.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

[ QUOTE ]
I still think your concept of "winning" is misguided but revealing. Your question can only truly be answered by time and experience. You've heard my opinion and I think you have already made up your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the use of being precise when you don't even know what you are talking about?

You should have just written "I'm older than you, and desire to impugn your moral character, but I can't find the words to do so."

Its hard to respond to the thrust of your post when you are acting on the assumption that my interest with this girl is based only on sex. One month ago, I thought I didn't like her. More recently, I discovered that she's a very interesting, funny, good natured person, and that we share some common interests.

It should be clear that I'm interested in a relationship with her, so I'm not going to just "buy a whore" instead. Listen. How about this? After we're happily together for a while, you can come to one of our anniversary parties and explain to everyone that our relationship is built on falsehood, and that we shouldn't be together. I'd even be willing to construe a prop bet around the outcome of your speech.

Best,
Snowball
Old 11-08-2005, 01:57 AM

Aren't you gettin a lil overexcited about a girl you havent dated yet?

anniversary party? Im really hoping my sarcasm meter is broken, but thats a statement I would have made in highschool... no offense intended.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:55 AM

Hi Behemoth

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you gettin a lil overexcited about a girl you havent dated yet?

anniversary party? Im really hoping my sarcasm meter is broken, but thats a statement I would have made in highschool... no offense intended.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not way too excited about her, but thats just because I'm tricking myself into believing I'm betting chips, and not a cadillac.
As for the anniversary party, I was just trying to make a point: If it turns out alright, who cares how it started?

My more implicit point is that the naysayers are more interested in making themselves look macho then they are in providing helpful advice or insight into my situation.

Cheers,
Snowball
Old 11-08-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My more implicit point is that the naysayers are more interested in making themselves look macho then they are in providing helpful advice or insight into my situation.

Cheers,
Snowball

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no interest in making myself look macho. I am much older than you and have some experience to offer. I have been where you are now, and have to tell you that while I don't consider Sklansky's advice unethical, I just think it's misguided. Its way more emotional investment than this situation is worth. Just take your best shot with her with an honest and up-front attempt to get involved with her, and move on if she says no. Only stay friends if you want to be friends.

David's advice could make sense if this were really a situation where you thought she was the "one" and that she could ultimately appreciate your pereverance and effort. But you are too young for all that, and you have too many other opportunities around you to waste 3-4 months with an elaborate plot to get this particular girl.

I think you have a shot, but if she turns you down up-front and doesn't reconsider very shortly thereafter then even with Sklansky's plan your chances are extremely slim. Take your $100 and move on.

And for god's sake, post a pic please. After all this we have got to see this angel from heaven with our own eyes.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:26 AM

"David's advice could make sense if this were really a situation where you thought she was the "one" and that she could ultimately appreciate your pereverance and effort. But you are too young for all that, and you have too many other opportunities around you to waste 3-4 months with an elaborate plot to get this particular girl."

For the record, I don't necessarily disagree with this.