Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: The usual \"mistake\" of the Right Wing

[ QUOTE ]
Myrtle,

I'm not equivocating. I meant dead in overall or net effect, not as in completely non-existent. The effect of today's racism is so little or non-existent it might as well be dead (especially when you figure in the counterveighing advantage of Affirmative Action). And relatively few Americans today are racist as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Your opinion is based upon your personal experiences, as is mine, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I happen to vigorously disagree with it, and my opinion is based upon my own personal experiences surrounding this subject.

I have offered the below opinion regarding racism twice now in this string....

[ QUOTE ]
What has happened is that its' practitioners have gotten much more sophisticated in practicing it, and have developed politically acceptable responses when their practices are pointed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have not yet commented on it. Why not?

I don't believe that I'm the only one in the Politics forum that notices how you deal (or don't deal) with certain things.

You can keep tap dancing around certain things.....You can wordsmith all you want......You can rephrase statements or questions so that your response will accomodate your particular ideology.

You may be able to get it by most of the posters here, but not all of them.

You've been called out on it a number of times, on a number of issues, by a number of people (me included) and you predictably revert back to PC behavior.

I'm getting weary of dancing with you, which of course, is one of the things that you count on from those who disagree with your point of view.

You hide behind your moderators badge, smug in the conviction that if/when things get too hot for you to handle, you can officiously invoke your power of censorship to silence those who disagree 'just a wee bit too much with you'.

Quite frankly, nothing you say in any of these strings has any real worth as long as you moderate.

Get out from behind that armor plating and deal with other posters on an equal footing, or stop addressing issues here.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:00 PM

MMMMMMM.... just give up.

Don't ask for specific examples of anything these posters are trying to prove. Most of the people who post on 2 + 2 are to busy and/or smart to move past the "theory" stage and see what's actually happening around them.

If liberals want to believe that racism still runs rampant in this country... then that is just a self-full-filling prophecy that allows them to remember the one thing in their parties history that they got right... ending segregation and other such government endorsed biggotary.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:07 PM

If you want to find the source of the continued dissemination of racist perceptions... look no further than the media.

All their lead stories on violence and crime have show photography of young African-Americans.

This means one of two things...

1) Either the media is racist and only want to convey "blacks" as criminals

-OR-

2) "Blacks" are the only one committing the crimes...

Either way, good luck trying to get liberals to admit either

1) The media is evil, corrupt, and bias

-OR-

2) There are an overwhelming number of African American criminals in LA right now.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If liberals want to believe that racism still runs rampant in this country... then that is just a self-fulfilling prophecy that allows them to remember the one thing in their parties history that they got right... ending segregation and other such government endorsed bigotry.

[/ QUOTE ]
But they are not remembering one thing they got right -- they are remembering a fight they lost. They are continuing the fight and taking the position that they have always been on the moral high ground. If you press the issue with facts, they posit that there was a complete role reversal in the mid '60s. If conservatives then take claim to be the party of JFK ...
Old 09-03-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to find the source of the continued dissemination of racist perceptions... look no further than the media.

All their lead stories on violence and crime have show photography of young African-Americans.

-OR-

-OR-

2) There are an overwhelming number of African American criminals in LA right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a post without a point. You should pay 2+2 back for the bandwith you've wasted.

I'll spell it out for you in case it's not obvious. Some enormous percentage of the people that are/were marooned in New Orleans, with no food, no drink, no clothes, no money, no vehicles, and little hope are black. So if you're post's intention is to make some great racial observation, can it. It is intellectually dishonest, Mr. "Biatch".
Old 09-03-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Response for Myrtle

Myrtle-

[ QUOTE ]
I have offered the below opinion regarding racism twice now in this string....
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
What has happened is that its' practitioners have gotten much more sophisticated in practicing it, and have developed politically acceptable responses when their practices are pointed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have not yet commented on it. Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why respond? Let me see if I can understand the statement. Correct me if I'm wrong ---

"its' practitioners" = racists.
"have gotten much more sophisticated in practicing it" = have become better racists.
"have developed politically acceptable responses" = lie.
"when their practices are pointed out." = when called racists.

Let me put it back together ...

"What has happened is that racists have become better racists, and lie when called racists."

Is that the brilliant thought you wanted comments on? Maybe it deserves a new thread.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If liberals want to believe that racism still runs rampant in this country... then that is just a self-fulfilling prophecy that allows them to remember the one thing in their parties history that they got right... ending segregation and other such government endorsed bigotry.

[/ QUOTE ]
But they are not remembering one thing they got right -- they are remembering a fight they lost. They are continuing the fight and taking the position that they have always been on the moral high ground. If you press the issue with facts, they posit that there was a complete role reversal in the mid '60s. If conservatives then take claim to be the party of JFK ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Streetwise... do you actually think Liberals "lost the good fight" to make it better for blacks in this country?

I don't... I think that thanks to a liberal thought process, life for African Americans has gotten better over the last 50 years... whether that process originally belonged to Dems or Conservs matters not...
Old 09-03-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SheetWise - do you actually think Liberals "lost the good fight" to make it better for blacks in this country?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe liberals ever fought that fight. They lost their fight against civil rights in the '60s. Blacks now have civil rights. What's your point?
Old 09-03-2005, 04:45 PM

for a moment your post sounded like you thought things are just as bad now as they were in the 50's...

My miss-understanding.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-OR-

[/ QUOTE ]

3) Blacks are committing the vast majority of the crimes...but the fact that they are black at all is beside the point since 6X% of NO is black and XX% of the too-poor/uneducated-to-evacuate are black.

[ QUOTE ]

-OR-

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically number 2 is correct. However, there are also "an overwhelming number of African Americans in NO right now" so if a certain percent of current NO people (the poor) resorted to crime, would you be surpised if "an overwhelming number" of those criminals were black?

This seems to make your post somewhere between pointless and bigoted.
Closed Thread