Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Anyone in here been able to convincingly beat the 1/2 full ring ga

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I agree 100% with what you said about bad play adding to the losses. I've done the same thing myself. I get caught up sometimes trying to beat "The Fish Who Won't Lose". He's the guy to your left who calls every one of your raises with crap and hits a pair every time. Then gives away your money to everyone else at the table. I hate that guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well there's part of your problem. Awful relative position at an otherwise great table can make it completly unplayable. Sitting to the right of a couple of LAG/LPPs and to the left of a couple of TAGs is a great formula to win the minimum and lose the maximum.

(Online poker games need a seat change option bad. Trying to just-frame a table change online is nigh impossible at a decent game on Party, ditto with most other sites.)

-K
Old 06-15-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Anyone in here been able to convincingly beat the 1/2 full ring game??

Any game can make you look bad and question your play. This is me during the last week and a half.

But the 1/2 game is crushable. This is me over the last 7-8 months.

I don't play the typical 2+2 style. My VPIP is a little higher than average 22-23. Because I play more hands my post flop ag is considered way too low 1.66. My W$SD hovers at barely above 50 percent because I play marginal hands in multiway pots against bad players (search for Ed Miller's post "Take the Training Wheels Off). But sometimes I don't even have to go to showdown with these hands so my W$WSF is higher than average at 35 percent.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Anyone in here been able to convincingly beat the 1/2 full ring game??

Heh, that guy drives me nuts too. I'm embarassed to admit this, but then I again I post here to become a better player and get a kick in ass from people who know better, not to impress anybody...
Your post describes my crappy session last night so well, it's scary. I started yelling at the monitor like a whining, self-loathing fish. "How do you hit a pair EVERY TIME vs. me and always have crap against everyone else? I hope you die". I did 3 or 4 20BB rebuys in 2 hours. Probably my worst tilt experience ever; I began check-raising turns with nothing when I knew there was no chance of villian folding. That alone should've been reason enough for me to leave the table.
Now if I may contradict myself, I did recoup half of my losses within the last half-hour at this table. I feel like I was lucky to do so.
I don't know what my point is; I feel like my game has hit a wall recently and needed to vent....while my B/R has doubled since moving to 1/2 SH, I have come to the realization that it is mostly due to bonuses. I probly need to figure out this newly acquired PT/GT stuff...I really have no clue how to use it.