Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 06:22 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Marking post...

I have to take off right now but I wanted to mark this post to try and address it later on. It's a great post.

Only 1 issue with it

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't have to do with her actions any more than her innocently putting herself in a situation where it's unclear to other guys that she's my girlfriend,

[/ QUOTE ]

In the environment Im talking about, the term 'innocently putting herself in a situation', unless she's a complete dimbulb who's lived in a bubble, doesn't apply.

b
Old 04-14-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Girls night out. Your g/f or wife wants to go...

I should also have prefaced my statement by saying that I am 21 years old in a long standing relationship with a 21 year old girl, on a college campus where crazy drinking in bars and clubs is the main weekend activity and is pretty much all that would go on at a girls/guys/everybody's night out. So i can only speak for that demographic. I have no idea how these issues apply to people who have been married for 10 years, but I still say that discussing things is worthwhile.

Also, it seems that Bernie is trying to lean people towards discussing what kind of factors go into a woman feeling the need to go out and do the debaucherous things that go on at a GNO (I could be way off on this). Like why does she need to go out away from her boyfriend/husband and do things she would never do if he were with her, under the guise of female bonding. It could very easily be that she just likes to drink and dance, and thinks it would be fun to hang only with her girlfriends for a change. It could be that she is frustrated in the relationship and needs some sort of outlet away from her significant other. It could also be that she has been in the relationship for so long that she wants to relive what it was like to be single, if only for a night. I think it's an interesting question. I think determining the answer from the outside depends mostly on what the woman's motives are for the night, which is something that should be well known to both parties. It's also likely different for many women.

-Phoenix
Old 04-14-2005, 06:32 PM

bernie,

Alobar is right. Let it go. All you need to do is let the girl how strongly you feel about cheating. If she values your relaltionship, and you are loyal (and she knows it), you have nothing to worry about. If she fucks up, you got off easy because it didn't take 10 years of marriage for you to find out. [censored] happens, just relaxe and go with the flow.

Now if there is a history of cheating between you two, then it's a whole different issue we need to talk about.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:39 PM

I sincerely wish my longterm girlfriend would go out for the occasional night of drunkness. It would make my life so much easier. She doesn't complain, but it would be nice to pre-empt her occasional gripes with evidence of equal guilt.

Note--she trust me just fine, when I come home at seven in the morning she knows exactly where I've been.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:58 PM

My ex's girl's night out was like this...

4 or 5 girls together, meet up for dinner and drinks, talk about life, talk about guys, talk about jobs, talk about guys, talk about how fat they are, talk about guys, talk about families, talk about the really cute waiter..

Have a few more drinks through the night..

Talk more about guys, talk about their ex's, talk about sex, talk more about the cute waiter..

My girl comes back..drunk, horny and then fcks my brains out.

I'm a happy man.

Long live girl's night out.

Lawrence
Old 04-14-2005, 08:03 PM

but was she thinking about the waiter?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:10 PM

What kind of woman is your wife. In girls night out there is a range from reserved, obviously faithful, slightly embarrassed wife, to I'm going to get revenge on my husband by doing any man willing in the bathroom chick. Will her friends get her in trouble or look out for her best interests? But, it all comes down to, if you can't trust her why are you together?

Joe
Old 04-14-2005, 08:14 PM

I got it, I just still can't believe he'd rather do that than stay at home and worry.