Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Will someone define \"troll\" for me.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, i see what you mean....

answer the question guru.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with that attitude.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:27 PM

nevermind
Old 11-01-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been called a troll for a while now, and i dont know what you mean. I picture an ugly monster guarding a bridge that crosses some river. What the hell does it mean here?

[/ QUOTE ]

A troll is someone who stirs up a ruckus for the sake of stirring up a ruckus. Usually said individuals had an uncle who touched them as children or are incapable of satisfyng a woman sexually. There are other ways that trolls are spawned, but these are the predominant means.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:32 PM

i have no desire to be a rabble rouser.

the only person who touched me as a child was my sisters friend when she was babysitting me. if only you guys could have been that lucky....
Old 11-01-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Guys, it\'s not about the money or the 9K swing, thats not it at al

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i thought i already posted this....

i have a journal that i record start and stop times and number of tables for online play, and i record each table as a separate game with a separate result. i count for 80 hands per hour per table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker

Playerview

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron,

try out pokerace. It's an amazing app. Better than playerview.

www.pokeracesoftware.com

Krishan
Old 11-01-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i have a journal that i record start and stop times and number of tables for online play, and i record each table as a separate game with a separate result. i count for 80 hands per hour per table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker

Playerview

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron,

www.pokeracesoftware.com

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't of the opinion he deserved the immediate jump to pokerace [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 11-01-2005, 04:29 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
To the online community, to say that you have better reads live is ludicrius (sp?).

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw...I get better reads live than online.

[ QUOTE ]
However, I also believe that live 30-60 is softer than some online 5-10 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this in comparison to the live game where I play.

b
Old 11-01-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker

Playerview

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron,

www.pokeracesoftware.com

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't of the opinion he deserved the immediate jump to pokerace [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

at some point, did i really really seriously offend you?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the online community, to say that you have better reads live is ludicrius (sp?

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm....have you ever played live? i can play 25 hands live and know damn well how everyone at the table plays.

[ QUOTE ]
How can you really know if you are facing a 19/12 or a 25/16?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty funny. there are far far more important reads than preflop numbers. live, it is very easy to see how ppl play on all streets.

there is a reason good live players make 2bb/hr(that comes out to 2bb/30 hands) while good online players make 2bb/100.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:53 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
This is a little OT, but I've always had trouble agreeing with this statement. A large percentage of players believe they're winning players, and that they have a good understanding of the game. Yet, only something like 5-10% can beat the rake. Let's take a solid 2+2er and a WSOP wannabe fish. In both of their minds, they are winning players and understand the game. One of them is not though, but it's not that easy to tell for the person himself. Ok, maybe this is a little too extreme. What about an intermediate player instead? He reads the books, learns some from the forums; it's still the same situation. It's not so easy to look at your own game and "know" that you're a winning player. It's easy for a lot of you guys, but that's because you have the experience and results to show for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know how to analyze a hand and the right plays in the right spot and can back your plays up with solid reasoning, it's not that hard. It just takes effort to get to that point.

Most likely the WSOP fish can't really give you an in depth reason as to why they played a certain hand a certain way when pressed for a reason beyond his own ego and his thinking that he can just simply outplay everyone. This is why many times you can tell a persons skill level just by talking to them about playing without even seeing them play a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
It's not so easy to look at your own game and "know" that you're a winning player. It's easy for a lot of you guys, but that's because you have the experience and results to show for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It starts with brutal honesty with yourself.

For many players it just 'clicks' at a certain time in their development. A great example is a prime person on here who's results sucked but once it clicked for him he 'knew' he was on the winning track. He kept losing for awhile even after it clicked for him. This was before pokertracker. Back then you had to recognize plays of opponents and assess them w/o the aid of stats.

b