Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Huh?

It makes a sad statement about the z00 and these forums in general, that this post is allowed to go on and on, but posters with legitimate questions or comments about rakeback - even on sites that don't forbid it in their T & Cs - are immediately locked/deleted/banned.

It's starting to sound like RGP, only with the disadvantage that the "forbidden fruit" is not even allowed to be factually discussed. Any day now I suppose that we will see some posts from the NewGCA. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Shauna
Old 09-07-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Huh?

Good point Shauna, we had some good discussion on some programs that would be beneficial for some and it was banned.

Maybe if it wasn't a good deal, then it would be allowed (i.e. the Pokerroom rake discussion). A site comes up with a good program and it is removed (one at a site I have never played and was a program that didn't fit my needs)

Go on with your doom switch talk now....
Old 09-07-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Huh?

Yeah. I agree as well...and well put Shauna.

Although I'm not really sure this thread is 'delete-worthy'.

It got plenty of responses....so obviously some people are interested (if only to laugh).

And i do understand the general point of not allowing a site's employee to come on here and 'spam' (for lack of better term) some kind of rake-back program that they are instituting because that would just open the door for one spammer after another to 'come play at our site and get $25 for FREE' or whatever.

But I do agree that we've had some threads that do have real value have been deleted...while threads with almost zero worthwhile content get to stay.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: RIGGED SITES - DOOM SWITCH, MUST READ

I remember the original thread now. It looks like stockman has gone much farther around the bend now.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:32 PM

Well...I think he started 2 or 3 threads in the zoo this time around...and I admit that I didn't read all of it.
I did something in one of the threads about the eye in the pyramid on the dollar-bill or something like that.

My short version of running across him at the Bellagio:
His play seemed decent to me. I didn't really watch to much nor see anything out of the ordinary.
He seemed like a perfectly normal mid-to-late 20's guy (I'm guessing as to age....I suck at stuff like that) and was very nice in introducing himself to me from across the table when he recognized who I was.

As I mentioned in my previous post...he overheard me mentioning Memphis and Tunica and also recognized me from my pic on my blog.

Some of his posts here were kind of angry...but when I briefly met him in person he seemed like a perfectly normal, clean-cut guy just playing poker.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:09 PM

This is the only way I could think of to respond to this post:

OMFG JPOKE
Old 09-07-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
insane crackpot, or spammer in disguise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Both?
Old 09-07-2005, 05:06 PM

He can be either.
doesn't bother me one way or the other.
Afterall....I'm an INTERNET SUPERSTAR!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's right guys, my x-blackops friend, whos name shall remain anonymous, infiltrated the Absolute Poker offices and found this!!!!!!111

[/ QUOTE ]

Noo! Pick up some armor STAT!

P.S. I love Absolute Poker. But I guess they haven't flipped the switch yet.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All I can say is, the OP had better hope AP has a sense of humor, because if not something like that could be actionable in court.

(Do you think Burger King would be very happy if I went around to various message boards and claimed my friend found e.coli in the meat?)

As for me, I appreciate the comic relief. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually worse than that. The analogy would be more along the lines of, my friend purposefully infected several Burger King Food stores with E-Coli. (Remember he's claiming his friend designed a virus and then hacked Absolute Poker). If it weren't for the problems of anonymity and jurisdictional nightmares faced by any company trying to litigate something internet-related, Absolute Poker might have a real case against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually thanks to Larry Flynn, the Supreme Court has recognized parody as protected speech. AP wouldn't have a cause of action.

--Zetack