FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Gwynn vs. Kelsey
Gwynn 102 41.13%
Kelsey 146 58.87%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: taking someones SATs for them, for a fee

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you aren't very smart, are you? You shouldn't be offering to take people's SATs if you are going to get low 1400s. You should be offering to kill yourself. Here, I'll give you a dime. Go have yourself a [censored] ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I'm assuming people who want someone else to take it are stone retarded. My rate is fairly low, (I think?). Besides this is hypothetical. Is low 1400's that bad? I don't even remember what I got on the SAT. I think I got a 32 on the ACT if that matters, I'm sure I could do better since I don't know english grammar and the only time I ever had training on it was the night before the test where I bought an ACT book and a grammar book from Waldenbooks. Besides I don't think you have to get a near perfect score to offer services since this is unethical and there is not much competition.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. i think i would not be at risk of any serious criminal charges. the only risk to me is that i would get my college admissions revoked. the more i think about it there more i realize there is no way to tie this to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is Zero risk to you. To make certain, simply do not carry any Identification or Credit Cards bearing your name on the test day.

[ QUOTE ]

4. for everyone who thinks its scummy, this is not an excuse, but waaaaay worse stuff happens in the college admissions process. plus, we would be cheating a system that is already full of BS and is totally rigged anyway. it took me about 5 seconds to get over the ethical quandry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ethics and morals are a personal thing. If you and your "client" have no problem with it, then there is no problem.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:58 AM

In miami, paying more than $300 is getting ripped, but thats for like a 1300 on sat/30 act.

And the guy provides you any necessary fake ID of course, since its taken at high schools, you can get by really easy with home made stuff.

Again, this is 1.5 years ago, not sure how the new tests are (essays now?).

His risk is very low in my opinion.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone just asked if I would be interested in taking the SATs for a friend of theirs, for a fee. The person who is getting me in touch is a person I trust, I trust them personally and they have good judgement. The person who is interested in paying me has $$$ and is legit. I am very qualified to do this, I would definitely satisfy the score they need and would treat it seriously and prepare. I am also qualified because I am a smart guy and have common sense, etc, and I have become a gambler at heart. So I have the score ability and the right mindset to do this.

questions for you:

1. How much would you charge for this? Assume the person paying is wealthy.

2. Any other advice? I can't think of any specific questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this twice.

One kid paid me $450 to take them, i got him a 1370, or 300 points higher than his original..

another kid paid me $600, i got him a 1490, or 690 points higher than his first score.

Kid #2 got caught. They automatically go back and check the hand writings (on the handwriting sample box) whenever the poitn differencee is big.

The kids i did it for went out and got me a decent fake ID from some place in the city, but a crappy one would work as easily, they dont cheeck ID's for [censored].

edit: By being caught, he just forfitted the bigger score, and they gave him a free supervised new test date.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:04 AM

This got me thinking to how much would I do this for. I took the ACT but I know how the SAT scores for the most part. If you can get them 1500+ thats gotta be a few thousand at least I would think and 1550+ even more and make a huge bonus for 1600. But yeah I would do ranges from like 1400 up increments of 50 and starting at like 2500 for under 1400 maybe. But I am just throwing numbers out.

I still cant decide if I would do this. I think for 5k I would take someone else's test. Is that bad?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This got me thinking to how much would I do this for. I took the ACT but I know how the SAT scores for the most part. If you can get them 1500+ thats gotta be a few thousand at least I would think and 1550+ even more and make a huge bonus for 1600. But yeah I would do ranges from like 1400 up increments of 50 and starting at like 2500 for under 1400 maybe. But I am just throwing numbers out.

I still cant decide if I would do this. I think for 5k I would take someone else's test. Is that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

1500 is a terrible score these days.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:25 AM

is it? I figure for someone that needs someone to take it for them 1500 would be good, but like I said I only know ACT mostly here in wisconsin. I luckboxed a 35 so I should whore myself out here for like 2500 a shot minimum.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:27 AM

I'd do it. I don't think it's scummy. You are performing a service that hurts no one for an agreed upon fee. It isn't your job to uphold the system's integrity.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it? I figure for someone that needs someone to take it for them 1500 would be good, but like I said I only know ACT mostly here in wisconsin. I luckboxed a 35 so I should whore myself out here for like 2500 a shot minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a good score when out of 1600, but SAT is now out of 2400 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i saw a study where the avg grade at ivy league schools is extremely high. once you get in is harder to fail out than other places.
maybe is because the students are initially smarter but not necessarily

[/ QUOTE ]I would assume people that try to get into ivy league schools are generally more inclined to try to be successful in school. People that go to CC or state schools might be more likely to do it because there's nothing else to do with their life and this will eat up time until they figure stuff out.

and regarding my earlier comment, I exaggerated a little and it's unlikely that they fail out b/c college is easy.