Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, for those of you so worried about losing the information war, you can just flash your Ace. If he mucks, great. If he wants to see your other card, he opens his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time somebody tried this at my tables this weekend (Wynn) the dealer demanded they show both. Is that just the Wynn being nitty, or is it pretty standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen this, but in games where the dealer is trying to keep everything on the up-and-up and comfortable and easy for everyone, this seems perfectly reasonable. In higher-stakes games, the players typically determine how this stuff works and the dealers stay out of it.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Question to all of you who agree w/ bike

I bet, BK calls. I flip over my AQ. BK goes to muck. I ask the dealer to see his hand.

Is this something you would do? If not, please explain how it is different than BK's situation. BK has shown that he has a worse hand than mine by mucking, but I still have the right to get more information - ie: what exactly BK's hand was.

In both cases, one player has let the other know his hand is good. In both cases, the player with the best hand has the right to see the worse hand.

I don't exercise my right in either case.

How about you?

(Yes, of course I know the rules and reasoning of IWTSH, but the application of it often comes down to a matter of etiquette, not rules)
Old 11-10-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Question to all of you who agree w/ bike

[ QUOTE ]
I bet, BK calls. I flip over my AQ. BK goes to muck. I ask the dealer to see his hand.

Is this something you would do? If not, please explain how it is different than BK's situation. BK has shown that he has a worse hand than mine by mucking, but I still have the right to get more information - ie: what exactly BK's hand was.

In both cases, one player has let the other know his hand is good. In both cases, the player with the best hand has the right to see the worse hand.

How about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally different don't even pretend they're the same, and you know it.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally different don't even pretend they're the same, and you know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matter of opinion. In a number of the big NL games I've played in, both would be considered exactly the same.

I have not played in any big live limit games, so perhaps things are different there.

Overall, I have found that big NL games and players have a different level of class, civility, and etiquette. Every time I read about arguments, dealer abuse, fights, and other such nonsense at places like the Bellagio and Commerce, it's always in limit games. I've seen almost none of this crap in big NL games.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: 150/300 bellagio hand

[ QUOTE ]
Letter of the law stuff. Not really applicable here (if you've played live poker for high stakes).

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Letter of the law. F that nonsense.

Whatever happened to poker as a gentleman's game?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this something you would do? If not, please explain how it is different than BK's situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is any easy one. It's different because this is how poker has worked for many years. I call your bet, you show your hand. If you call my bet, I show my hand.

Poker isn't commonly a game where everyone turns their hand over at the end. You only find this among beginners.

Play like men you wimps. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] If you're going to bluff then you risk me picking it off and finding out what you have.

On a side note if anyone wants to read the the rules: http://www.goldenruleofpoker.com/pok...oker-rules.htm
Old 11-11-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this something you would do? If not, please explain how it is different than BK's situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the opponent in BK's situation is unnecessarily slowing the game down. And then we have to go thru this dance everytime there is a showdown, because I have to play it the same way. Just turn over the hand(s), have the dealer push the pot, next hand.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because the opponent in BK's situation is unnecessarily slowing the game down.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not! He just announced what he had!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and we are supposed to believe him? wtf?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and we are supposed to believe him? wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You say "one pair." If he says "good" or raps the table, you flip your hand or flash your Ace. If he then shows a better hand, you punch him in the face.