Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: I\'ve Read Barry\'s Book

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people think being rude is one of the worst sins imaginable?

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone's life is at stake, it takes it to a different level.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 06:28 PM

Okay, so next time somebody's life is at risk and I know how they can be helped, I'll remember to keep quiet as to not offend them.

As far as the lack of clinical studies, nobody is going to promote research that will put themselves out of business.

Finally, for those complaining that this discussion is off-topic, sometimes things are a bit more important than sticking to a topic. Have some compassion and you might realize that.

Anyways, I've said all I needed to say and have talked to Felicia privately, so everyone go back to the poker talk instead of these off-topic posts which are apparently so disruptive.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 PM

I've been talking to "questionable" people I know - seeing how easy it is to get marijuana - thinking IF she wanted (and she'd probably say no) - we could hook her up - I guess it really helps with that Nausea after Chemo...

No idea how I'd get it to her though without driving down - that goddamn Federal Lawbreaking just doesn't appeal to me - hopefully someone can hook her up if she wants in in Vegas - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

of course, it goes without saying I'm rooting 110% for ya.

pax
RB
Old 07-07-2005, 11:25 PM

I'll say it again because I think you missed the point. - sharing your education is good (and I applaud that - your original post was great), forcing it down her throat is bad (your follow up post).

Old 07-08-2005, 01:04 AM

alas, the common mentality of the 2+2 player today isn't about bettering himself to the 200/400 game.

it's about 8 tabling 3/6 Party Poker games and using automated tools to gather statistics on other players - (preferably using someone else's predefined standards) - all while maintaining enough accounts that bonuses can be easily accrued/withdrawn/accrued again.

the concept of attempting to better one's self at the game has pretty much gone in the toilet on many of the boards...I keep hoping for a commentary from you or Mason on it. Such actities are clearly +EV in the short term, but I don't see how they could be long term for one's game.

but I have ordered Barry's book - I hate Party Poker anyways... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - I never play their 3/6 games.

RB
Old 07-08-2005, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll say it again because I think you missed the point. - sharing your education is good (and I applaud that - your original post was great), forcing it down her throat is bad (your follow up post).

[/ QUOTE ]

If the poster had 100% certain proof of his claims it would be huge sin for him to not make that post. Being rude is not a crime.

Let me say again I have no clue about the topic, but if I did I would sure as hell make the same reply. Someone thinking I was rude would be the least of my concerns. It sounds to me like he means well and he thinks he knows what he is talking about so his post should be commended, not looked down upon - whether he is correct or not. (Though if he is incorrect someone should probably reply telling him to make sure he knows what he is talking about when he throws his comments in to an issue this important)
Old 07-08-2005, 11:20 AM

very true, but having lost both his grandparents to chemo, and having his uncle survive with this method, im sure he has at least half a clue of what hes talking about.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:46 AM

I don't mean to be crass, but that is an insufficient sample size.

I'm with TT on this one. Offer someone the information once, just so that they are aware of it, and then let them make their own decision.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:58 AM

"Thanks everyone, for reading, and for thinking of me."

If the good thoughts of people who know you can have a positive effect, you're certainly going to be fine, becasue everyon who knows you thinks the world of you.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Thanks everyone, for reading, and for thinking of me."

If the good thoughts of people who know you can have a positive effect, you're certainly going to be fine, becasue everyon who knows you thinks the world of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy said it better than I ever could. Your friends are all behind you Felecia. I hope to see your smiling (and sometimes scowling) face this summer, and in god health.