Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: MUST own dvd\'s

[ QUOTE ]
spirited away is far from the company of the other movies, havent seen it, just heard about it FYI

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this movie was awful.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:59 PM

Star Wars Episodes 4-6
Scarface
Godfather I & II
I guess you could make a case for the Indiana Jones trilogy.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spirited away is far from the company of the other movies, havent seen it, just heard about it FYI

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this movie was awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in a tiny minority, and for good reason. This was a great movie without question. And I do mean that it's not just a matter of taste. You're simply wrong.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that nobody has mentioned that I can think of is American History X

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one, American History X is an awesome movie, definately worth an addition to the library.

how about alien or aliens? aliens is freakin awesome and i think that is a must own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger Ebert has the first one up on his list of Great Movies. I agree. The second one is simple good fun that doesn't rise to the level of the first.

It's a fantastic movie(the first one). A huge leap up from its clumsy and cheesy arguable predecessor, IT: The Terror from Beyond Space and very different from any horror in omvies at the time, great atmosphere, great tension, fantastic look, very high quality actors who are given a little time to show personality and be human and not just advance the plot, great music score, unforgettable and startling scenes and shots, and the most awesome movie creature ever invented by far.

It's also one of the most rewatchable movies I've ever seen, which can be unusual in horror films, because, like a joke whose punchline you know, a lot of impact is lost when you know exactly what and when the scares are. Still, this thing is so tight and of such high quality throughout that its rewatchability isn't crippled even when you know every frame.