Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Internet Series of Poker

Feel free to clarify how it would be -EV for Party to "snub" the community if you don't expect their player base to be affected at all

my statement was part of an open discussion in response to your original declaration that party (and now stars) would have no reason to participate in ISOP. i'm not sure if you know this, but 2+2 is a discussion board.

i have clarified 3 times that they have not snubbed us in any way, and that they actually made an offer to support ISOP through some route. i also stated that my use of the word snub was misplaced, but you still seem to be trolling for trouble. my use of the word snub related to them staging an event as opposed to just supporting through sponsorship and/or advertising.

i think it is no secret that my favorite site has always been paradise. i have no firm commitment from paradise, yet i would still continue to be a staunch supporter of the site. point being that participation in ISOP has no bearing on how i personally feel about a site. i'm able to make this distiction because i understand that business is business and sites will make their own choices based on what is best for them.

at the same time, i would expect the sites that have firmly commited to NOT take exception to me making a comment like "i love paradise, always have, always will". this statment will no more discourage them from being an ISOP sponsor than i would be apt to show ill will toward any sites that don't Sponsor. all these issues are unrelated to the subject we were discussing. YOU were the person who suggested that anyone would boycott a site over something as silly as a business decision.

how does a rational person go from my suggestion that party's involvement in ISOP would be EV+ to you making a statement that suggests some sort of boycott? you are irresponsible to even suggest that we would want a boycott of any site that chose to pass on sponsorship.

i would play any site that was not a sponsor of the ISOP without hesitation. for you to fabricate some sort of threat out of my words is highly dubious.

are you trying to start a similar project? that's the only rational explanation i can think of for your comments.

regardless, HEAR YE, HEAR YE!
let it be known that my support for party and ANY site that does not participate in ISOP would be unaffected by said decison, and i would encourage the same responsible, adult reaction from all 2+2 members.

merry christmas freudian

Old 12-21-2004, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars (who I assume won't take part)

why would you assume this? just curious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they have WCOOP. I guess perhaps they would accept a ISOP tourney as part of WCOOP, but I would assume they would be more interested in building their own property.

Of course I don't know, but it would make sense.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:10 PM

I didn't mean boycott as in (binary) picketing and starting petitions. Just as in players preferring to play at pokerrooms that had an ISOP tournament. I don't think will happen. Which was my whole point about that.

I didn't take your comment as a threat as much as a "if they are smart they will do this" thingy. There is a semantic difference between claiming that "party's involvement in ISOP would be EV+" and claiming that their non-involvement would be -EV. And adding "..." after a sentance also come off looking a bit odd. I don't claim that you had any malicious intent in what you wrote. I don't think you did. But the way you wrote it led to my comment. Not some sininster plan from a competitor to ISOP. I promise.

Anyway, we probably don't have all that differing views on what it can mean to a poker room and what it won't mean. This is what happens when the lid is opened prematurely. It will be easier to discuss when the announcement is made.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:24 PM

I guess perhaps they would accept a ISOP tourney as part of WCOOP

i think that's an EXCELLENT idea? got any contacts there?

see how fast we are friends now?
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

seriously freudian, i'm a very passionate person. that's what people get when they deal with me.

however, this passion is a wonderful asset when someone gets involved with me. sure, i have a big mouth. i'm GRANNY!!

however, if you ever were to decide to do something like ISOP or any business venture with me, you would have the greatest partner in the world.

ISOP really is all about competition and adding some spice to a great community that is populated by the most competitive (and passionate) people in the world. whatever 11 sites end up as ISOP sponsors for year one will undoubtedly be pleased with their decison. however, the non-11 that take a pass on this will not have snubbed us in any way.

2+2 supports internet and B&M poker and our memebers and site founders certainly would never veer from this support. incidentally, that's one of the reasons we chose to go with only established and trustworthy properties. i'm not saying that none of the start-ups are good sites, just that we chose to go with the sites that have proven themselves as leaders.

speaking of proving themselves, i'll take this moment to back out of this discussion and let this thread die. the point of it was vigorous discussion and we certainly have accomplished that. now it is time to put on my business nightgown, get the deals closed, and get this thing launched.

forgive my passion, i just can't help myself sometimes.

peace
Old 12-21-2004, 09:17 PM

Granny -- One last thing:

How can we help?

Seriously, is there anything me (or other supporters) can do for you to help make this thing happen? I mean I am sure there are a lot of smart people with a lot of different skill backgrounds and people that just know people who can get the word out or pitch in if needed. Even if there is no need for it now, I'd be more than happy to help at any time, even if it is just telling my friends to play in them when they roll around.

Good luck,
Morgan
Old 12-21-2004, 09:39 PM

That's a good answer, thank you.
So basically if a well known player only has an account at site A, and wants to play this event anonymously, he will have to re-register with that one site if he wished to play the ISOP there as people would otherwise figure out who he is from reading the leaderboard?

Anyways, I´m hoping you´re right about most players being wiling to use their real names if they are kindly asked to do so. You guys have done a great job so far, all my best in the future!
Old 12-21-2004, 09:42 PM

nice offer morgan.

you guys have already helped a ton. this would never have gotten off the drawing board if it were not for the ZOO. we are a unique group (being polite there), and the power of the internet board is what made the parties at 2+2 and the sites we approached believe in the concept.

so, just get yer' game on, and let's make sure that whichever site takes the first month gets blown away by the numbers. that type of early power will snowball and guarantee a final event with over a million clams to the winner of that event alone.

thanks for all the support!