Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Middle East Terrorists Kill 20. Bush: oh well

OK, here is the correction:

It is the central and principle cause for all the current terrorism in the Middle East, until the idiots in the Bush administration invaded the Middle East.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW - your argument is a weak one and can just as easily be turned. "So, you think that everyone who criticizes the war is being patriotic? Or,is that just what Michael Moore told you?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know too much about Michael Moore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Michael Moore is a leftist or a liberal or anything. I think he's simply a moron who has no idea what he is talking about and yells about hot-button topics in order to get attention. Oh yeah, he's also a bs artist and a liar.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:07 AM

Default Re: What do they want?

"Look at that, you've rehashed the "massacre" libel that was so popular after Jenin.

What's next? Jews drink the blood of Muslims to make Passover Matzah? How unoriginal. "

You're crazy. I was referring to people being killed on both sides. People are dying in great numbers every week in Israel and Palestine. That has nothing to do with any blood libel. I 50 years of almost endless conflict isn;t exactly a measure of success compared to peaceful disagreements in Canada.

I thought you'd given up on such shitty smears but evidently you've run out of anything remotely reasonable to say.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:12 AM

You're crazy. I was referring to people being killed on both sides. People are dying in great numbers every week in Israel and Palestine. That has nothing to do with any blood libel. I 50 years of almost endless conflict isn;t exactly a measure of success compared to peaceful disagreements in Canada.

FLQ Crisis - 1970

Look at that: one terrorist incident and Canada invokes the War Measures act, basically saying that the government has near-total power.

Daily terrorist attacks in Israel and it's still letting people roam free, even Israeli Arabs who at times have supported terrorist actions against Israelis.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:22 AM

Mmm. How many houses did they bulldoze? How many children did they shoot?
Old 05-20-2004, 10:14 AM

It is the central and principle cause for all the current terrorism in the Middle East, until the idiots in the Bush administration invaded the Middle East.

Israel is by definition and mandate a Jewish State. While the state is secular, the foundation for its rule of law is based in Jewish law, the vast majority of its citizens are Jewish (whether observant or not observant) and the Delaration of Independence itself calls Israel a Jewish State.

While there is freedom of religion, it is well established fact that Israel and Jews are nearly synonymous.

One of the common anti-semitic canards is that Jews, as a group, weild more power than they do (such as the ability to throw a whole continent into disarray).

Here's a thought:

Blame the terrorists.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:20 AM

I'm sure that if the FLQ terrorist campaign had lasted 50 years, there'd be just as many dead Quebecois.

But the Arab terrorists are another entity entirely. They are not Irish, they are not Basque, they are not Columbian.

Arab politics views the whole Middle East as Arab land, and any non-Arab presence must be destroyed.

You just don't get it, and it's likely you never will.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:33 AM

"I'm sure that if the FLQ terrorist campaign had lasted 50 years, there'd be just as many dead Quebecois"

I'm sure if non-Quebecois Canadians had have exiled half of them, then placed the rest of them under a thirty year legal limbo of stateless and rightless military occupation while bulldozing their houses, uprooting their farms, confiscating their land and resources, collectively punishing them, and beating, torturing and shooting them when they dared to protest any of this, it would have.

My point was that there are many binational (or even multinational) states that can be considered successes. Some problems notwithstanding, Canada, as one of the richest countries with the highest standas of living in the world can clearly be considered one.

"You just don't get it, and it's likely you never will. "

Obviously, the feeling is mutual. ALthough I suspect even if you did get it, out of sectarian self interest you still wouldn;'t care.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:32 PM

Default Sectarian self-interest

ALthough I suspect even if you did get it, out of sectarian self interest you still wouldn;'t care.

Zionism is not the exclusive right of Jews to Israel; it is simply the RIGHT of Jews to a homeland.

I said from day one that if there was never another anti-Jewish word or anti-Zionist word published in another newspaper on earth, if no Jew was ever killed simply because he was Jewish, and no more WASPs at dinner parties obnoxiously whispered "of course" under their breath the next time a media mogul or politician or miser or actor or lawyer or criminal happens to be Jewish, I'll give up on the Zionist dream.

But that's not the way the world works, and it never has been.

So yeah, I have self-interest.

If I am not for me, then who will be?
-Hillel

Old 05-20-2004, 10:48 PM

So, if I understand correctly, the creation of the State of Israel injected religion as an issue into the middle east?

What should I blame the terrorists for? Trying to go back home? Tying to fight the cruel occupiers?

I despise their tactics, but yes I "blame" the Palestinians for wanting a homeland that was seized by religious bigots intent on building a "secular" theocratic state.