Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: 10 ways to Spot a FISH.

how about the players that limp UTG or usually UTG+1, and then fold to one normal raise by someone in middle to late position even with a couple other callers
Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how about the players that limp UTG or usually UTG+1, and then fold to one normal raise by someone in middle to late position even with a couple other callers

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, this is someone just trying to take a cheap flop, it takes a lil disapline to fold, and most fish lack that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Geez... so many missing...

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is a quarter bet into a $12 pot supposed to accomplish? Then... raising that quarter open to .50 says what? "My hand blows but its slightly better then the guy on my right?"

[/ QUOTE ]

roflmao - I honestly cant stop laughing at this [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 02:05 PM

it means that at least 7 times out of ten, when they get to a showdown they lose it.. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Geez... so many missing...

[ QUOTE ]
1) People who open-minraise or minraise when the're closing the action -- but then fold when anyone makes a real raise. (These are great people to have at the table if you want to checkraise)
2) People who minbet into a huge pot (then fold to a real bet)
4) people who limp on the button and slowplay their high pocket pairs
5) People who bet with a hand, but bet so small that any draw has the right odds to call.
6) people who play any 2 suited cards
7) 'any ace' players regardless of the pf action

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with these big time. About #1 in particular, I think it's safe to say that just about 100% of the time if a person in the BB minraises after there were several limpers the person is as fishy as they come. Instanote. To be fair, the player might be making a transition from limit but that still means they're not good at this game at this point.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, some are obvious, some are not. Plz add in your own,
A few of these are just leak spots, but, or course, fish have alot of leaks, so its at least "intersting" infomation
1. All-in in a nothing pot, pre or post flop.
2. Never folds a small blind....ever!
3. Plays way to many hands.
4. calls raises with crappy hands like a-9 or k-9, espeically OOP
5. if they ever say "your a Mag, (minus the M plus an F)" or "you suck" for no reason in chat. (people with only 6th grade level insults that come out firing for no reason are easily tilted by clever insults back, btw) plus, "your a [censored]" actually translates into, "there a small brained twit poker player"
6. Draw chasers with crappy potodds
7. People that have no clue that the time meter online is actually a BIG clue to a good player. (ex. 1,2, big overbet =bluff everytime! yummy! samlon!)
8. Loss a big pot, Then super AGG the next hand. ( i actually "fake" this one whenever i make a goodhand after losing a big pot against a good player)
9. (sometimes) when people don't autopost. usually more bad players then good do this. (good players know time is money)
10. People with really immature disgusting names. If someone names themselves something that an 11 year old would find hillarious, they probably think like one.

I can think of a few more, but 10 is a catchier subject name. Plz add any that i missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we delete this thread, it is stupid. That is all.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, some are obvious, some are not. Plz add in your own,
A few of these are just leak spots, but, or course, fish have alot of leaks, so its at least "intersting" infomation
1. All-in in a nothing pot, pre or post flop.
2. Never folds a small blind....ever!
3. Plays way to many hands.
4. calls raises with crappy hands like a-9 or k-9, espeically OOP
5. if they ever say "your a Mag, (minus the M plus an F)" or "you suck" for no reason in chat. (people with only 6th grade level insults that come out firing for no reason are easily tilted by clever insults back, btw) plus, "your a [censored]" actually translates into, "there a small brained twit poker player"
6. Draw chasers with crappy potodds
7. People that have no clue that the time meter online is actually a BIG clue to a good player. (ex. 1,2, big overbet =bluff everytime! yummy! samlon!)
8. Loss a big pot, Then super AGG the next hand. ( i actually "fake" this one whenever i make a goodhand after losing a big pot against a good player)
9. (sometimes) when people don't autopost. usually more bad players then good do this. (good players know time is money)
10. People with really immature disgusting names. If someone names themselves something that an 11 year old would find hillarious, they probably think like one.

I can think of a few more, but 10 is a catchier subject name. Plz add any that i missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we delete this thread, it is stupid. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAH Lmao. Then why post in it? you just brought it back to the top of the 1st page! hahaha. then why read it at all? hahaha lmao. Maybe you should lay off all the dutchmaster's. "that is all" hahahah
Old 11-12-2005, 08:53 PM

Easiest way to spot a fish is to look for the fish icon in poker tracker :-p

made me laugh this thread .. i do all the things you say signify a fish ... 123.22 is a great buy in amount. Best value BB you will make is to sit down and take first card blind. EVERYONE thinks your an idiot.(1BB for 9 negative table images IS EV+) Nothing better than calling a ridiculous hand first hand to showdown and getting a few A$$holes to abuse the new "fish" at the table. They do all your advertising for you. Then just play my game.... 2hrs later you have all their chips and with a simple "gg" you leave.