Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: ggban has had 37 drinks...now what?

That's because you started drinking before you could count
Old 11-07-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gee, i dunno look at the situation it left BK in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a freshman made a mistake and drank more than he could handle. I know when I was a freshman I did this almost once a week....He will obviously live an learn. This doesnt mean that in other aspects of life he isnt far beyond his years.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just so EVERYONE knows...gabe woke up...said "Peachys a bitch"...then a few later told brian he could make it...brian took him downstrairs with him and at one point lost sight of him...

so....its assumed that he got his cab and is on the way to the airport...i just hope they can wake him back up after his flight LANDS and he doesnt drool all over the person next to him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's assuming they let him board at all. 37 drinks over 2 hours is a lot. Don't think I met ggb this weekend, have no idea how big he is or what kind of tolerance he has, but if he REALLY drank 37 drinks, I can't imagine he's in any kind of condition to clear security. But I don't fly a lot so I'm just guessing.

I'd have just pushed his flight back to late tonight and hopefully someone else could watch him for a few hours at a time. On the other hand, if 37 drinks is really more like low 20s + exaggeration then he might be fine to fly by the time they get there.

Either way, there's really no need for bk to miss his flight, there's other options here. And calling the hotel and/or ambulance on an underager is not a good plan. People can keep an eye on him and if he's vomiting a lot or he has a harder time responding then sure, but most of the time he should be okay if he sleeps it off with someone keeping an eye on him.

Sorry to hear the weekend ended rough bk. Hope you both make your flights and ggb turns out alright.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's because you started drinking before you could count

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, not far off.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gee, i dunno look at the situation it left BK in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a freshman made a mistake and drank more than he could handle. I know when I was a freshman I did this almost once a week....He will obviously live an learn. This doesn't mean that in other aspects of life he isn't far beyond his years.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, it has nothing to do with drinking more than he could handle. its WHEN he did it, and the position he put somebody else in. did you not read the post BK made? HE HAS A UNDERAGE kid smashed in his hotel room, today is checkout day and has a flight to catch. i don't care if the kid can read a Latin dictionary upside down while 4 tabling the party 30/60, he is not mature beyond his years. hes a normal, shortsighted and selfish teenage kid.

mature beyond his years would have been planning ahead for this and not having somebody else clean up after you.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:13 PM

you leave. If he's man enough to put down 37 drinks, he's man enough to handle the consequences.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:16 PM

I think it'd be great if this was the first of [censored]'s birthday bans. Getting banned for something stupid that someone else posted in OOT = gold.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you leave. If he's man enough to put down 37 drinks, he's man enough to handle the consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have left, no doubt about it. i just didn't want to seem callous. i want people to like me!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't care if the kid can read a Latin dictionary upside down while 4 tabling the party 30/60, he is not mature beyond his years. hes a normal, shortsighted and selfish teenage kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious post. You are right, of course.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he is not mature beyond his years. hes a normal, shortsighted and selfish teenage kid.

mature beyond his years would have been planning ahead for this and not having somebody else clean up after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never make mistakes? Have you ever meet ggbman? Coming from someone who knows him, and parties with him all the time, I tell you that he is not a typical freshman. It just seems like you are basing your opinion of ggbman on one story in read in OOT, instead of listening to people like myself who actually know the kid....

Try not to be sooooo judgemental of people