Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Another winrate thread

[ QUOTE ]

My experience has shown that most of you guys who do this are not really getting very good at poker and imo will be f'd pretty soon when games get just a little tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing this to build a roll for the 1k as fast as I can. I think trying to get good at the NL1000 is stupid at NL200/400. Play is too different. FWIW, whenever I move up I 4 table the 6 max.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:21 AM

how much do you want to have before you move up?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Since he posted a 5/10 hand tonight, I'm guessing he's pretty close to being at his target BR.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like 20k before I start really transitioning into the game. Since I have >10k right now, I'll be taking intermitent shots until then.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like 20k before I start really transitioning into the game. Since I have >10k right now, I'll be taking intermitent shots until then.

[/ QUOTE ]
We may need to stop getting stacked with top pair against a set if we're going to stay in this game. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 04:33 AM

i hope you use a few thousand dollar stop loss

that is, move down if you dont instantly take off

it could be very easy to lose half your roll doing this, even if you are an excellent player

it is a sick game
Old 11-04-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We may need to stop getting stacked with top pair against a set if we're going to stay in this game. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:41 PM

At my level, 5/10, 10/20, I don't think I could move up and play 2 tables and make more. The higher games are rarely excellent when they go, I try and play when they do. At the same time, I'm not good enough to beat them unless they are uber good...which leaves multitabling 10/20 or 5/10 6max. UB 10/25 isn't great, the 25/50 is only good a special times, at which I seem to miss all of them. The FT games I have yet to see going full, or watch for a long enough time to play short. Prima is so sporadic a game could form and dissolve in less than 20 minutes. Meh. I admit though, I do play much better when I play less tables. At higher stakes the money makes me pay more attention to each table and not get bored, at 5/10 since I have been there forever, I get bored too easily, results in doing stupid things, etc...
Old 11-04-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At higher stakes the money makes me pay more attention to each table and not get bored, at 5/10 since I have been there forever, I get bored too easily, results in doing stupid things, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wondering latley...at what stakes does the boredom stop? Or is there no end? For me, I don't think the boredom will ever end. Move up, get the rush for awhile then get bored again. Repeat.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At higher stakes the money makes me pay more attention to each table and not get bored, at 5/10 since I have been there forever, I get bored too easily, results in doing stupid things, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wondering latley...at what stakes does the boredom stop? Or is there no end? For me, I don't think the boredom will ever end. Move up, get the rush for awhile then get bored again. Repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just played 5/10 last night for the first time. After 20 minutes, I was writing posts on 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]