Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Gwynn vs. Kelsey
Gwynn 102 41.13%
Kelsey 146 58.87%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: taking someones SATs for them, for a fee

A- asking for advice and then responding to legit questions with a bunch of "I can't tell you" is kinda silly. If you can't share, just don't make the post.

B- This is weak sauce. If somebody doesn't have the smarts and work ethic to nut and get ready for this thing, you're not doing them any favors by helping them get into whatever school they're aiming for. (not saying SAT=smart, but a decent school will require more effort and skill than it seems this person likely has).

C- This is pretty [censored] scummy.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:48 PM

You guys are incredibly overcharging. I actually knew a guy in high school who was willing to do this. $500 + expenses for the fake ID and he already got a 1530 on his SATs

Anything over $1500 is a [censored] joke.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are incredibly overcharging. I actually knew a guy in high school who was willing to do this. $500 + expenses for the fake ID and he already got a 1530 on his SATs

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have no idea what a good price for this is so your guess is better than mine, but you need to consider that Voltron has to write a [censored] essay. I know I wouldn't do that for less than $1k.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:39 PM

maybe your friend is dumb. this test is very very important and in my opinion is fairly valued at at least $10,000 for a very good score, but i would never ever consider doing this.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:08 PM

1. i think i would not be at risk of any serious criminal charges. the only risk to me is that i would get my college admissions revoked. the more i think about it there more i realize there is no way to tie this to me.

2. i am going to charge as much as i can get, what is this overcharging nonsense?

3. captzeeboy- youre way off about saying "if he cant do well enough on the SAT he will [censored] up in college". this is just incorrect.

4. for everyone who thinks its scummy, this is not an excuse, but waaaaay worse stuff happens in the college admissions process. plus, we would be cheating a system that is already full of BS and is totally rigged anyway. it took me about 5 seconds to get over the ethical quandry.

5. i am probably in the top 1 percentile of self earned income for college kids, so it is not like i have never seen 5 grand and am blown away by the money. most kids would say "holy crap, ive never seen 5K in my life" but due to poker that is not really messing up my judgement. its obviously still a huge chunk of change.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. for everyone who thinks its scummy, this is not an excuse, but waaaaay worse stuff happens in the college admissions process. plus, we would be cheating a system that is already full of BS and is totally rigged anyway. it took me about 5 seconds to get over the ethical quandry.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's not an excuse? That's good, because I don't think so either. Unfortunately, that also means you have no way to justify your dishonesty.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:33 AM

If this isn't illegal I would do it for 50-70 cents a point. If it is illegal but say the punishment is like citation or possession slap on the wrist I'd do it for 1.0-1.4 a point. If it was more illegal than this I don't think I'd do it at all unless it was so high I would go directly to jail for that much. I think I could easily get low 1400's with no refreshing and low 1500 with moderate retraining.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:42 AM

Wow, you aren't very smart, are you? You shouldn't be offering to take people's SATs if you are going to get low 1400s. You should be offering to kill yourself. Here, I'll give you a dime. Go have yourself a [censored] ball.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a writing portion now. It is much more difficult.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:43 AM

hahahahahahahah
hahahahahhahaha
hahahahahahahaha

I know you are joking, but still

hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahah