Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Dear Christians: why doesn\'t god DO something?

Please tell me where I can find the decomposing bodies and boiling blood in Italy. I would love to visit this miracle the next time I am vacationing in Europe. If you have a travel info website or address or whatever, please share it so I can plan my itinerary. Thanks.

While I'm awaiting my next trip, are there any other visitors or even citizens of Italy who have seen it and care to share their thoughts? I'd love to hear your descriptions of it. I'm serious.

Now for a joke. Anyone from the Lochness area who has a photo of Nessie? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

would just send one son once to one spot

[/ QUOTE ]

Hebrews 9:

24For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;
25nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own.
26Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
27And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
28so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:50 PM

You might be OK debating with atheists. But you can't handle Peter666 who has you going to hell just as surely as them.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But you can't handle Peter666 who has you going to hell just as surely as them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad Someone Else has the keys of Heaven and is in charge of the Book of Life.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:53 PM

"I'm so glad Someone Else has the keys of Heaven and is in charge of the Book of Life."

Stop wiggling out of a debate with him. You know I meant he is "predicting" when I said "having". Don't you think you can defend your specific Christian beliefs against someone who is equally sure and conversant with their contraditory specific Christian beliefs?
Old 10-22-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stop wiggling out of a debate with him

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care for disputes over doctrine.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Some thoughts for the non believers (Long)

[ QUOTE ]

Just because we understand the sun somehow proves that it's not a beacon of God? When you make one, I'll consider that.

[/ QUOTE ]

good one.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:04 AM

The blood of St. Januarius is in the Cathedral of Naples, Italy. The blood is held in a glass vial and is taken out 18 times a year on special feast days and begins to boil when it is placed by his skull. It also increases in volume.

My friends recommend I should see the incorrupt body of St. John Bosco which is in Turin Italy. I have been to France and have seen the bodies of St. Catherine Laboure and St. Bernadette Soubirous.

There is one Saint in Italy, she is seated on a chair and has been for 600 years, but I cannot remember the name....her skin has turned dark because of all the candles burning around her, but her body is supple.

Here is a link which provides more information that may be of use in your travels. http://www.kensmen.com/catholic/relics.html

By the way, a famous photo of the Loch Ness monster and the film showing Big Foot were hoaxes perpetrated by two Canadians who worked for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in the 60's and 70's. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 03:19 AM

"It would be much more convenient if I could just point to the pillar of fire."

But there is no pillar of fire for you to point to.

Man thought up the idea of God. He thought that God must be all-powerful, capable of performing miracles. So perform them he did. But only in the mind of man. That's the only place you can find the pillar of fire. This is infinitely more convenient for the claim that it exists than the fact that it doesn't exist elsewhere.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:28 AM

On the blood of St. Januarius: www.cicap.org/en_artic/at101014.htm