Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Whatd the dude say to piss off Jennifer Harmon?

She looked old and wrinkeled but annie duke looked even worse
Old 10-13-2005, 01:36 AM

i like annie's style better though... so if i had to pick, i'd go with Duke.

(I didnt see her on the broadcast though, so if she looked like trash, maybe i'd change my mind)
Old 10-13-2005, 03:10 AM

he's the guy talking on the cell phone about johnny chan being at his table.

Steve
Old 10-13-2005, 06:55 AM

I'm pretty sure I saw that she posted something here the day it happened or day after it happened, explaining what happened. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that so far in this thread (at least not in the part I've read though.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:19 AM

Here's the thread - she posts twice:

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...26#Post2813277
Old 10-13-2005, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just found out today that the fat guy is a friend of a very good friend of mine. Double hillarity

[/ QUOTE ]

Triple hilarity. I know a friend of that fat guy as well.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree 100%. A few years ago a notorious slowroller at one of the local Indian casions got beat to death in the parking lot with a tire iron by some guy he slowrolled his small tournament winning hand with and as far as I'm concerned good riddance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good riddance? This is ludicrous. I'm only a beginner, but I don't see the big deal with this, even if he did slow roll it. So the guy's a dick? Goading is present in any game or sport (at least every one that I play). It's his right, and her's to overreact as she did. There's no rule as far as I know.

But to beat someone to death and condone it? That's going way too far.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:14 PM

Ya poker players take slow rolling way too seriously. WHen a guy is talking smack with the nuts (pretending like he might ahve lost) you should never ASSUME you've won, never ever ever ever assume naything. He coudl be slow-rolling, I don't celebrate till the cards are flipped.

In addition, there is "trash talking" and bad sportsmanship in EVERY sport, slow rolling is just the bad sportsmanship side of poker, much like berating a fish who bad beat'ed you, etc etc

Be a man, suck it up.

Obviously this is easy for me to say, as I haven't been slow rolled ina big, important pot before but if/when it happens I'll try to remember this thread and my own advice.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Agree 100%. A few years ago a notorious slowroller at one of the local Indian casions got beat to death in the parking lot with a tire iron by some guy he slowrolled his small tournament winning hand with and as far as I'm concerned good riddance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good riddance? This is ludicrous. I'm only a beginner, but I don't see the big deal with this, even if he did slow roll it. So the guy's a dick? Goading is present in any game or sport (at least every one that I play). It's his right, and her's to overreact as she did. There's no rule as far as I know.

But to beat someone to death and condone it? That's going way too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to factor a lot of things in. First of all people are often drinking, so slowrolling is the equivalent of going to a bar and talking crap to everyone there and just annoying the hell out of them. I would expect the guy who does this would get beatdown by at least one of them, if not several. Also not everyone can really afford to lose certain money, I mean maybe the guy got hooked a bit too much and lost 1000 too much that would have been for the rent or other expenses and then you slow roll? Why not just ask for a beating its about the same thing. You see theres a lot of factors that come into play and thats why you dont slow roll, its not the good players you have to worry about its the drunks or people who cant control their emotions that are the problem. Also the good riddance thing, it was bound to happen as I said, its like going into a bar and insulting everyone, what do you expect?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:36 PM

I just figured it out... The dude realizes he's beat on the turn... he's a decent player but he knows he could be drawing essentially dead...He THINKS the thing about "time to go home" etc...It's repeating in his head...as he stupidly calls the bet on the turn, he's probably hoping a non-diamond comes so he can fold.

The jackpot card falls...now he's hoping she'll check so he can say the little speech that's going through his head and push figuring she'd call with the (likely) full house. She bets and he's so excited that he doesn't see the size, so he gives the speech anyway, realizes that he just has to call and does...

Don't get me wrong, slo-rolling is truly classless and the sign of a seriously disgusting personality, but I think this guy was just giddy. His apologies seemed sincere and she seemed to believe him...

Oh I forgot one step in the process..."then 5 million internet fatties sit around debating the ethics of the play and saying they think she's wicked ugly."