Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you 1.8-1 in the astros, which is essentially the pinnacle line subtracting the vig. you bet 100, i pay you 180 if the astros win. it doesnt really make sense for me to give you 2-1 because i could get it at 1.85-1 at pinny. me giving you 1.8-1 is marginally better than the lines i found at the 2 books i looked at.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds about what I expected. I was actually thinking 1.75. Anyway, 'my team' is down 5-zip. We will do the 'exchange' or other necessary set up through PMs etc. So I say its a go. If you agree Voltron87, then we are on.

Good Luck.

-Zeno
Old 10-12-2005, 11:15 PM

This was particularly satisfying tonight with the media slobbering all over the "Three Aces" while the pitcher who molested each of those three ends up with relatively little attention.

For Game 2, I prefer letting Mulder rest the extra 2 days to be sure he's 100% and letting him pitch in MM. I far prefer letting Morris pitch at Busch where his gopher balls will be more likely to stay in the yard. Plus, if it goes 7 I'd feel better with Mulder than Matty Mo on the mound.

I hate to use a cliche, but I think Game 2 is critical for both teams. The Cards don't want to go into MM tied at 1, and the Stros really don't want to feel they need to hold serve at home again.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:59 PM

The only real questions I had about tonights game were: Why didn't Baggy pinch hit at end of game in lieu of Viz?

And why does LaRussa have his guys swinging 3-0 when up by 3 runs late in the game with his ace on the mound still?

Roger won't let them get away with that sh**. Neither will Roy O.

Either TLR is calling cheap plays, or he actually wasn't comfortable with a 3 run lead late in the game with Carp on the mound.

HMMMMMMMM. TLR must have not been confident in his Ace. Oooooo it makes me wonder..
Old 10-13-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And why does LaRussa have his guys swinging 3-0 when up by 3 runs late in the game with his ace on the mound still?

Either TLR is calling cheap plays..

[/ QUOTE ]

What are "cheap plays" in the playoffs? You are suggesting that it's unfair to swing at a fastball over the plate?
Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 AM

Three runs is not a comfortable lead anymore. In the 60's. 70's and 80's it was but there are way too many home runs hit and runs scored now.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this goes to show that even you recognize how anemic the astros offense is if you consider a 3 run lead insurmountable.

The reason TL is letting his guys swing away 3-0 is because they have driven in 5 runs so far this post season swinging away 3-0. This is what happens when a team actually has some semblence of an offensive lineup.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Most RBI\'s in one post season

Does anyone know the record for RBI's in one postseason? Reggie Sanders has 12 in four games for the Cardinals. Where is a good source for these types of statistics? Thank you for any information you may provide!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 01:16 AM

Anyone who knows anything about ball knows that it's not really acceptable to swing 3-0 when up by three runs, LATE IN THE GAME with your ace still on the mound.

They can do it, sure, but nobody swings 3-0 against the Rocket or Roy, they'll get chin music, and I don't think a guy like Larry Walker wants chin music, he's too old for that.

Only time to swing 3-0 is if you are down bigtime or you are trying to get a rookie some AB's. No reason a veteran hitter like LW needs to swing 3-0.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Most RBI\'s in one post season

www.baseball-reference.com
Old 10-13-2005, 01:20 AM

This is bad news about Pettitte's arm.

Roy Oswalt will go 7 complete innings, when he leaves the game the score will be 5-2, Astros ahead. From there on it is a cakewalk. The series will be tied 1-1 with the Rocket in the wings.

Houston has to take one in St. Louis - better do it now. And if Mulder is shaky, that will give the Astros a great boost. I hope he is tagged early and often - and leaves about the third inning. For Houston to have a chance they have to get to Mulder and build a lead.

Final score will be 7-3, Astros.

Bag it and tag it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno