Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 07:56 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Skins Escapees Unite!...

I'm going to see if I can get my 3-11pm shift off at work that day. I usually work a double on Sundays, 3-11 and 11-7. I was hoping to play this event plus the Blogger Championship at 4pm.

I would of course, be representing team NA (this certainly would ensure that EU would be able to tie things up)

I'll be in touch if I'm able to make this happen.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:06 AM

hope it works in for you grand - sure that's not a bit of a European twang? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyways, team EU is confirmed to date as:

AbelM
arcticfox
Crix
DonkBluffer
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
KingswayTD
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

taking our numbers up to 23. There are 9 EU players signed up on the actual game on stars lobby so, there's another 14 to go in ASAP. Time to get signed up and get the numbers up, anyone that wasn't sure if they could make it but now can, get signed in, let's get to at least 75 for the tournie.

PM me or cha59 for password details.

Cheers

stoneii
Old 10-16-2005, 08:40 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
hope it works in for you grand - sure that's not a bit of a European twang? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

I can be bribed with Asian Triplets. Given that you're team Euro, I suppose I'll have to settle for Nordic triplets. *sigh* The sacrifices I must make.

Just to warn you, I'm like, THE greatest poker player....EVAAAAAA!

Played my first 2+2 events this past Wednesday, made the final table BOTH times. And these weren't small fields, I'm talking final table appearances against fields of 14 and 15 players! What are the odds?

I expect team EU to have mass desertions after reading this post. Perhaps the first NA win by forfeit?

You guys do know we aren't playing Pot-Limit Omaha, right? w00t! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can be bribed with Asian Triplets. Given that you're team Euro, I suppose I'll have to settle for Nordic triplets. *sigh* The sacrifices I must make.

Just to warn you, I'm like, THE greatest poker player....EVAAAAAA!

Played my first 2+2 events this past Wednesday, made the final table BOTH times. And these weren't small fields, I'm talking final table appearances against fields of 14 and 15 players! What are the odds?

I expect team EU to have mass desertions after reading this post. Perhaps the first NA win by forfeit?

You guys do know we aren't playing Pot-Limit Omaha, right? w00t! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you can play grandgnu. Aside from your obvious poker talents, the entertainment factor with you at the tables is very high. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] PM me if you can play.

Here is our updated NA team as of 10/16:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
CODEWARRIOR
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
PURPLESMURF1
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SEASIREN
SIDEKICK
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
UTMT40
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73
WOLFFINK
WOODGUY

Gametime is less than a week away. All interested 2+2ers can PM cha59 to sign up for team NA or for more info.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hope you can play grandgnu. Aside from your obvious poker talents, the entertainment factor with you at the tables is very high. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] PM me if you can play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvious poker talents? I came in 7th in the first game, and won a coinflip with A/K sooted against pocket 7's early with a flop of something like 2/4/5 with two of my suit, took a huge chip lead and then didn't capture 1st place. I'm a luckbox, just ask KilgoreTrout.

And my entertainment factor will certainly wear thin when you've heard:

That hand you were big weina, and to be big weina is hard, that make you BIG HARD WEINA! raugh raugh raugh

For the 100th time (for those who don't know, I have an image on Stars of "Cheeky Chappy", the host of the old comedy show Banzai! which was on Comedy Central and I think Fox for awhile)

Prace you bets now!
Old 10-16-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Obvious poker talents? I came in 7th in the first game, and won a coinflip with A/K sooted against pocket 7's early with a flop of something like 2/4/5 with two of my suit, took a huge chip lead and then didn't capture 1st place. I'm a luckbox, just ask KilgoreTrout.

[/ QUOTE ]
shh - you werent supposed to let the Europeans know that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
shh - you werent supposed to let the Europeans know that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. Even with chimp(st)anzee on our team we will own NA!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. Even with chimp(st)anzee on our team we will own NA!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, ya, good luck with that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL: NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

boo, i can't play this chiznit, but you all should have fun and remember to mock people as they lose, here, of course. go NA!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL: NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

Right now it doesn't look like the Sunday gig will fly for me, sorry NA guys (and any girls there may be). I should still be able to become a regular for the 8pm Atlantic Wednesday night game, although I may be pre-registered and a few minutes late to start each time (usually do a tech shift at my work from noon-8pm on Wednesdays)