Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: WCOOP Main Event Winner Playing 4 HU 5k on Stars at Once

say what you want, but 7th and 1st at the wcoop me is impressive.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely agree...

but i think greenstein is a douche too.. and he's said to be (even thouogh he's the only one i've seen say it) the persons that has won the most money in poker ever.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point?
I'm not disputing that he's really good at poker but jeez, there's more to life than poker.
At least from a parent's perspective.
What if you were offered a deal that your kid would be a horrible person but a winning poker player?
Old 09-22-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I also forgot that his mom let him drop out of HS to gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine that someone who doesn't have the discipline or foresight to at least finish high school would be a winning player in the long run.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point?
I'm not disputing that he's really good at poker but jeez, there's more to life than poker.
What if you were offered a deal that your kid would be a horrible person but a winning poker player?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't mean to contradict anything you said, just wanted to add among all the hate that it's a good result.

he does sound like a tool though. what really makes me think he sucks as a person is that he's 4-tabling 5k hu stts.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't mean to contradict anything you said, just wanted to add among all the hate that it's a good result.

he does sound like a tool though. what really makes me think he sucks as a person is that he's 4-tabling 5k hu stts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely impressive. And I don't think there's any doubt he sucks as a person.
How does he play the MTTs? Super aggro would be my guess.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I also forgot that his mom let him drop out of HS to gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine that someone who doesn't have the discipline or foresight to at least finish high school would be a winning player in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

He blew all the money from last year's win, and then some..

Looks like he's well on his way to losing another big score
Old 09-22-2005, 02:59 PM

You guys are all jealous haters. Jordan Berkowitz is the top poker player under 25 in the world. The last player to display this type of natural poker skill was the great Stu Ungar. The only reason he is not the best in the world right now is that he is too young to sit with the big boys in the big games that would really challenge him. Unless they set up some private games that he can play in, we will have to wait about 3 years to see him reach his full potential, sitting in the big game w/ Chip, Barry, Chau and other poker peers who can at least give him a decent challenge. If WSOP was 16+, this kid would probably have 5 bracelets already.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all jealous haters. Jordan Berkowitz is the top poker player under 25 in the world. The last player to display this type of natural poker skill was the great Stu Ungar. The only reason he is not the best in the world right now is that he is too young to sit with the big boys in the big games that would really challenge him. Unless they set up some private games that he can play in, we will have to wait about 3 years to see him reach his full potential, sitting in the big game w/ Chip, Barry, Chau and other poker peers who can at least give him a decent challenge. If WSOP was 16+, this kid would probably have 5 bracelets already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yea we're jealous, the kid just won 500k...

and we're not disputing the fact(?) that he's a good player.. he's just a douche bag. (and very well may be overrated.. tha 5 bracelet claim is pretty silly)

--

And looks like you got a little [censored] on your nose Diablo.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:10 PM

I agree with Diablo, you guys are making inferences about him as a person, judging by his poker playing, and trash talk? So, yeah he talked trash at the final table, but so what? He wanted the other players to fear him, and think they were outmatched, and... the probably were. Who cares if he loses all his money doing this, he clearly has shown that he is incredibly talented at this and will definitely be a winning poker player. If he gets into some other things, drugs, craps, sports betting, etc, it could definitely ruin him, but give the guy some credit. You don't have to be friendly (although I try to be...) and a great guy at the table, theres no rule book of poker that says you can't talk smack at the table. Ever watched Matusow play Prahlad on FT... There is some serious smack going on when they play.

I really couldn't care less if this guy makes 1m dollars playing 5k heads ups, or loses it all.
Closed Thread