Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Where do you buy clothes?

I'll buy clothes from anywhere that has something I like.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My bad. The Bloor St store has three, and the last time I was there had a vicuna topcoat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just in their Montreal store on my recent trip there. Nice stuff, although there are plenty of places right here in NY when I want to drop a load of cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt about that. I used to travel to Toronto on business so I would always snoop around. The vicuna caught my eye because it's still illegal in the US and is was well in excess of 20K.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely Nordstrom.

I'm surprised at how many guys here buy clothes at Macy's... Pants there are fine, but as far as shirts, ties, jackets, etc, their men's departments typically blow.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Different Macy's stock different items. I can buy a really nice suits there for very good prices, last suit I bought there was that Michael Korr's number, 700 marked down to 500.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you care, a guy with your income can do much better in NY.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is not much difference in clothing quality, just in price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, so wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain? Let's compare a pair of Wranglers for 20 bucks to a pair of A&F jeans for 65. Are the A&F jeans made 3x as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeans aren't a great example. Clothing quality differnces show up a lot more in more formal clothing. I can say that there is a world of difference between $50 pants from the Gap and $90 pants from Banana Republic when it comes to stuff I need for work. Now I have no idea if buying $300 pants would make another big quality difference, but I'm sure it would be noticeable.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:36 PM

JC Penny (online) for the most part. Since I'm fat and stuff, it's hard to find nice stuff that I like to wear in real stores. Sometimes Target and Wal-Mart, just because they carry fat people clothes.

I would be much hipper and upscale if hip and upscale catered to the obsese and/or I lost weight.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be stupid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, so wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain? Let's compare a pair of Wranglers for 20 bucks to a pair of A&F jeans for 65. Are the A&F jeans made 3x as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

A&F is sh1tty. don't be fooled. all those brands AF, hollister, american eagle, etc are plain sh1t.

we're talking about real brands here. let's use your jeans example. go buy a pair of $200 sevens then compare that to your $20 wranglers. you can easily feel the difference and the quality.

go buy some ralph lauren polos and some lacoste polos and compare them to shitty A&F. you will see the difference after a couple of washes. RL and lacoste's won't fade as much. and plus they look better. when you wear lacoste, it's like get the fuk out my way b1tch.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely Nordstrom.

I'm surprised at how many guys here buy clothes at Macy's... Pants there are fine, but as far as shirts, ties, jackets, etc, their men's departments typically blow.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. I'm typically only shopping for casual and the only two Macy's I've been to in the past year are South Coast and San Jose, but both have sucked pretty badly in terms of casual men's wear.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

are you fuking kidding me? the macy's at south coast is the best macys in the US. they have a separate mens section that is 3 stories. they have a lot of upscale stuff especially on the 3rd floor.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I have no idea if buying $300 pants would make another big quality difference, but I'm sure it would be noticeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does and it is, but it's certainly not linear between $25 to $300.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely Nordstrom.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. I'm typically only shopping for casual and the only two Macy's I've been to in the past year are South Coast and San Jose, but both have sucked pretty badly in terms of casual men's wear.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

are you fuking kidding me? the macy's at south coast is the best macys in the US. they have a separate mens section that is 3 stories. they have a lot of upscale stuff especially on the 3rd floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a Macy's here in our little town of New York that seems to be pretty big.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now I have no idea if buying $300 pants would make another big quality difference, but I'm sure it would be noticeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does and it is, but it's certainly not linear between $25 to $300.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think chicks ever talk about their clothes and wonder if the quality is linear over the entire range of prices?