Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your line?
Call 17 20.99%
Fold 12 14.81%
Re-raise 3 3.70%
Push all-in 49 60.49%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: 2+2: How smart are YOU?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry. I should have mentioned that I got a 1230 so that you wouldn't think I'm being elitist. My bad. I got in on an athletic scholarship, so I'm not that smart.

[/ QUOTE ]
When did the Ivy league start giving out athletic scholaships?

[ QUOTE ]
I hate that you can't ask such a question without getting such a response simply because you go to a decent school.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did Brown improve from "safety school for the affluent and underaccomplished" to "decent school"?
Old 08-23-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh...yes you do. Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell you what. How about you make some worthwhile posts before getting involved in forum politics.

Whatever your views on Citanul, he's posted many many more helpful posts in his life than you have posted posts at all.

Nobody here gets paid for posting here and yet advice is offered daily. All of the regulars are happy to recieve constructive critisism, yet there is an increasing band of people who couldn't play poker for crap a few months ago who now think they should put down all of the "old-timers" because they are now brilliant.

There are a lot of great posters hardly posting here any more and it is entirely due to the people like yourself who want free advice but also want the people offering it to be perfect.

Guess what!?, Answering the same old guff many times a week can have the effect of "Why do I bother?" on all but the most thick skinned of people.
Getting insulted as you go makes this sentiment stronger.

It might be worth thinking who you are insulting and how you are doing it.

Citanul tells it how it is, is occasionally tactless and doesn't suffer fools gladly. He is also fair (He left this thread up didn't he?) and a very good poker player who has a lot to offer the forum.
If you want this to be a better place, ignore the politics and learn everything you can while it's still here.

We are all guilty of getting into arguments from time to time, myself as much as anyone. I do however suggest that you try to forgive those who help you their sins and maybe point things out when they are wrong in a polite manner rather than just hurling abuse.

Thanks

Lori

Edited to remove abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mom.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:02 PM

Right. That is the basic assumption. YOu don't have to buy it, but honestly, is it not reasonable to assume that someone who scored a 1400 on the SAT is more intelligent than someone who scored a 900? I really dont think so.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:04 PM

Kids recruited for athletics get a bump in the admissions process. I did not receive a scholarship: sorry for the misunderstaning.

[ QUOTE ]
When did Brown improve from "safety school for the affluent and underaccomplished" to "decent school"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:05 PM

Dude. Your name is Tea Bagger and your avatar is a chipmunk with dangling nuts. If you want some respect, start with self.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:05 PM

Come on man just tell us your SAT score already and we can all be done with this thread
Old 08-23-2005, 04:06 PM

See above.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right. That is the basic assumption. YOu don't have to buy it, but honestly, is it not reasonable to assume that someone who scored a 1400 on the SAT is more intelligent than someone who scored a 900? I really dont think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we're on the topic, I'm amazed that Sklansky hasn't descended on this thread yet. The SAT as a form of intellectual penis measuring is a theme I've seen a fair amount in his writings.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:08 PM

IQ would be a better measure then SAT as most people have had IQ tests.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:09 PM

I liked that, but this isn't asking for anyone's SAT score- just an anonymous vote. That's all. Not meant to be a penis contest.
Closed Thread