Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Set of J\'s

[ QUOTE ]
i don't mean to seem high and mighty because i was right

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, you done it again...
Old 08-08-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with post-oak.

whoa. i agree. with post-oak. i think given the range of hands you HAVE to raise the flop, as he so carefully and thoughtfully detailed =) (no not sarcasm) but given the reraise, it is a fold.

whoa actually, i think calling and waiting for blank turn to act might be smart too. damn ignore me i'm confused. i hate sets on monotone flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks to me like you said you were confused there, bro.
I ask questions to understand better, that is what this forum is for, if I am not mistaken. If you want to call me high and mighty, take youself off of the skyscraper of the pedastal you put yourself on, man. I never said I was right or wrong about anything. All you do is post who is right and wrong
Old 08-08-2005, 03:09 AM

it's difficult to understand a +EV approach to a given hand when all people do is toss bricks at each other and pull their friends' chains if they think they are right. let's work together people, give peace a chance!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your advice here, while insightful, is clearly wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

who is high and mighty?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol if you'd read the post to which my post was in response, you'd realize that post-oak's post was clearly sarcastic. thus my post was taking it literally as a joke. see when i post that his advice is wrong when it is so obviously wrong and a joke, it is... well a joke.

get a life. more importantly, get a clue.

p.s. i'm not your "bro."
Old 08-08-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$/5/$10 NL

Solid tight player raise in EP to $40. Im the only caller on the button with JJ. We both have $1000.

Pot is $95 and the flop comes KJ4 all spades. He bets $30, I raise to $130, he reraises to $500.

Standard push?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a lot to be said about waiting for the turn to drop the bomb on a suited flop like this. Once the turn card comes, you know if you're eager for a small pot (it's a fourth suited card) or not. Coincidentally, you now have a small pot. People will be far less likely to semibluff raise with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn, so you can give more credit to their raises. And if you happen to boat up, you can ship your money into the middle without any worries. (Well, in this case you would still lose, but you shouldn't beat yourself up over boat over boat.)

About the only advantage of making your move on the flop is that you push out a medium spade, and make A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] pay for a suckout, but with K and J on the board, and a tight EP raiser, there is really only one medium spade to worry about, the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The A is not going anywhere, and may well come over the top, and any other spade is unlikely.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:32 PM

therein lies the problem duck, you are just stating that everybody is right and wrong, or your opinion is right. who is right and wrong seems to be decided by you, completely disregarding the fact that there could be a couple right moves. i forgot that you were the most amazing poker player...ever. where can i get your book? about the sarcasm, I didn't know I was talking to George Carlin. Were you being sarcastic when you said you didn't mean to seem high and might when you are right... Of course, there is a right and wrong answer there too.
later bro