Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Mass defection from the AFL-CIO

Your job relates with negotiating upon the unions behalf, wow I feel sorry for you, when you get older and realize what you really doing. Rather than let someone abilites reflect their pay, your giving everyone the same pay regardless of their abilities, no one benefits from this except the lazy people in the unions and the head of the unions who make their money from all the dues.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Consumer Versus Higher Wages?

Of course I pulled $9 out of my a$$, you can't find how much the average B and N worker makes especially in a particular region of the US, I even said that I was assuming all of this in my original statement. However in DC I guarantee you they get paid more because the standard of living is much greater and you most likely can't find too many people to work for $7/hr up there. I would estimate that Labor overall is about half the cost (we didn't take into account many things like 401k, stock options benefits, employee discounts), and real estate is the other half. So its pretty fair to say labor costs will definatly affect prices of an item.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:30 PM

Your a bit of a joke aren't you?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:30 PM

Heehee.

What happens when the union shop across the street closes down when the owners can't afford to pay them their contractual wages and the unions refuse to take a pay cut(which happens a lot). They're out of a job, while I'm in the non-union shop across the street making 2 bucks less an hour, but I still have a job. Gotta love the union.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:34 PM

That is an intelligent of a comment as it gets, when someone knows their wrong and dont want to admit it they make comments like this.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heehee.

What happens when the union shop across the street closes down when the owners can't afford to pay them their contractual wages and the unions refuse to take a pay cut(which happens a lot). They're out of a job, while I'm in the non-union shop across the street making 2 bucks less an hour, but I still have a job. Gotta love the union

[/ QUOTE ]

Heehee.

The people who have lost their jobs from over the road come over to your place and say they will do yours for less and because you have no union you have to undercut them so your wages reduce or you lose your job. CEO's gotta love dumb employee's.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The people who have lost their jobs from over the road come over to your place and say they will do yours for less and because you have no union you have to undercut them so your wages reduce or you lose your job. CEO's gotta love dumb employee's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, this doesn't happen
Old 08-01-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Heehee.

What happens when the union shop across the street closes down when the owners can't afford to pay them their contractual wages and the unions refuse to take a pay cut(which happens a lot). They're out of a job, while I'm in the non-union shop across the street making 2 bucks less an hour, but I still have a job. Gotta love the union

[/ QUOTE ]

Heehee.

[/ QUOTE ]

For your information, I know quite a bit about unions, because I was a member of UFCW during high school, and they took dues out of my paycheck. One year later the grocery store had to close down due to unreasonable demands from the local.

And your arguments don't make any economic sense. What you are doing as attempting to raise the equilibrium price of labor in the market, and all this does is raise prices on consumer and make consumers think that unions are just a bunch of lazy people who want more money for doing less.

I'll also note that most of the people that I worked with at my grocery job were twice my age, lazy as hell, and I wished that there was no union so they could all be canned.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However in DC I guarantee you they get paid more because the standard of living is much greater and you most likely can't find too many people to work for $7/hr up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I never said anything about regional wages - My original response was about space rental prices.:

[ QUOTE ]
So its pretty fair to say labor costs will definatly affect prices of an item.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I never said labor didn't affect pricing.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:46 PM

Umm, neither does Scoot's scenario.