Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Mike\'s done

riverdance into sunday w 13k, smallish satck
Old 07-08-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Mike\'s done

Update from Zinzan

Card dead after third break still. Short stack from CO raises to 600, Z finds KQs and has to gamble. Pushes, and is called by QJs. Flop is Kxx...but turn and river bring 9...T...aaarghhhhhhh.

Z is out. =/
Old 07-08-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Bummer

[ QUOTE ]
Update from Zinzan

Card dead after third break still. Short stack from CO raises to 600, Z finds KQs and has to gamble. Pushes, and is called by QJs. Flop is Kxx...but turn and river bring 9...T...aaarghhhhhhh.

Z is out. =/

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting, Chief.

Yeah, it was a disappointing tourney for me. Best pf hands were 99 (folded pf to big raise), 44 (stole the blinds), AK (stole the blinds once, and folded on missed flop twice when continuation bet was raised), and KQs (the hand I went out on). Third level, I had a deuce in my holecards approximately 75% of the time (no jopke).

I turned a flush twice, and lost both pots (Ah3h, 2h2x9h Qh 2x, and I lose to 77; and 7d9d, big draw on 8dTdKx flop, Ad, 2d, and I fold to a huge bet). I bet about 2/3 pot on both turns, but couldn't take take them down.

No pros at my table. Bummer. I really wanted the experience of playing with pros/name players. Phil Helmuth, Blair Rodman, Minh the Master, Eric123, and E-Dog all within a table or two.

But all in all, I thought my table was pretty solid. Very aggressive--only a handful of limped pots, so not many Ax hands were able to see the flop.

I think my play was okay, considering my lack of cards. I just needed to find some big cards or win when I had to gamble, and it didn't work out for me. I do need more live experience, though. There were some very aggressive players at my table, and they took down a lot of pots.

Good luck to the rest of ya'll still in this,

-Z
Old 07-08-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Bummer

Sounds like the play was tough. Nothing like the 200+15 tournys on party as far as skill level goes?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:25 PM

busted in the 4th level [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i will post the hand, want comments. was up to 16k at one point. i busted erin ness. sat next to her for about 5 hours. dissapointing..
Old 07-08-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like the play was tough. Nothing like the 200+15 tournys on party as far as skill level goes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at my table.

There were a couple "odd" plays:
- AJ blind slowplayed a JJT flop, and Q on the river gives his opponent (LP who opened the pot) a cheap draw to broadway.
- LP AK bets big on KJx flop, and is called. Turn brings a 9 and it goes check, bet, reraise all-in (like 3x Pot). AK eventually folds, and opponent turns over 99.
- At L1 (25/50), two limpers, and a guy raises to t5100 (same guy with the set of ninces above).
- With about t2300 in the pot on a Ts8sJs-blank board, the river brings As. Check, raise t2000, and a reluctant call. The raiser wins the pot with 9x9s, other guy has a set of tens. I was surprised other guy would call if he couldn't beat a 9-high flush. Or is that a standard call? Thoughts?

But overall, I thought my table was a lot better than the typical $200K PartyPoker table. I thought I was probably one of the weaker players, though I really don't know what else I could have done but reraise on stone cold bluffs a few times (never had a chance to resteal with a hand with any reasonable outs). But oddly, I didn't feel nervous when I was value betting or bluffing (rare opportunities), as it was clear I couldn't sit around and just play premium hands.

-Z
Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Anyone know if Zee is playing?

Any word on Justin?
When does Gavin play?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Anyone know if Zee is playing?

Zee isn't 21 and I play tomorrow
Old 07-08-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Anyone know if Zee is playing?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I forgot about that after seeing him play in Europe.

GL Gavin
Old 07-09-2005, 12:07 AM

Default WSOP

I busted out with aces to A9s i the third level. All the money went in when I was winning.