Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Empire JUNEFEVER 100% to $100 15x bonus starts June 23rd

[ QUOTE ]
Empire 1500 raked hands for $100 (waste of time, plus a raked hand is minimum of .50 vs .25 at the others listed)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nowhere on this page http://www.empirepoker.com/offer/junefever.html
or anywhere in the T&C did I read anything about a raked hand being a minimum of .50¢.

Could you tell me where you saw this, and can anyone else confirm it to be true?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Empire 1500 raked hands for $100 (waste of time, plus a raked hand is minimum of .50 vs .25 at the others listed)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nowhere on this page http://www.empirepoker.com/offer/junefever.html
or anywhere in the T&C did I read anything about a raked hand being a minimum of .50¢.

Could you tell me where you saw this, and can anyone else confirm it to be true?

[/ QUOTE ]

For limit games, the minimum rake is .50.
Since I clear the bonuses at limit, the minimum rake is .50.

NL is a different story.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:14 AM

I haven't read all of Irish's silly responses but all your copy and paste shows us is that you play .50/$1

Yes, you have negative rakeback because you have generated negative rake because you play at the smallest of stakes and they aren't going to lose money on you twice if they can help it. I just made a rakeback acct at empire and cleared the 500 hands playing some 2/4, some 100NL and some 30 dollar SNG's and I was + in rake by the time my bonus cleared.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
15x sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Free money from a Party skin sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does when your rakeback deal is better. 15x blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

It blows when your rakeback deal on another site is better. Right?
Old 06-21-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have rakeback with empire and it actually SUBTRACTS from your rakeback. so not only are you NOT getting rack back, you're LOSING MONEY that you already made playing earlier. Thus, this is a skip for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would run your math again, assuming you did any in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, do you do rakeback? if not, then shut up. when you clear a bonus (at least from my rakeback site) you have a negative MGR, thus your rakeback is negative, thus you LOSE money you had made. examples of days when i cleared empire bonuses:
MGR RAKEBACK
April 04, 2005 Empire Poker $-1.71 $-.43
April 10, 2005 Empire Poker $-8.43 $-2.11
April 21, 2005 Empire Poker $-32.94 $-8.24
May 15, 2005 Empire Poker $-85.98 $-21.50

explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being totally wrong is one thing.

Being an arrogant prick is another.

You are both.

[/ QUOTE ]

still dont see how i am wrong. care to explain? it seems to me like you've got the rolls reversed. what does this, taken from my rakeback site, mean to you, enlightened one?

"Any bonus dollars at Party Poker and skins adversely affect the rake, as your bonus is deducted from your MGR by the poker site". I read this, and presented examples, to say that bonuses can cause my MGR to be negative, thus the rakeback is negative. so while clearing my bonus ill have a negative4 rakeback of say, $20 for one day. That isn't me not making $20, it's me losing $20 I had already made (simple subtraction). 1500 raken hands at .50/1 and 1/2 means about $1500 in rake. say there are 10 people per table (not always the case) and that's $150, and i get 25%, about $40 of that. And that number is deducted from what rakeback I had already earned. Making the bonus $60 over 1500 hands, which is why i said it wasn't worth it and was planning on skipping it. what is wrong with this? im not trying to be a dick, im trying to understand why this is incorrect, as you swear it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your rakeback site might be trying to "scare" people from clearing bonuses by saying that bonuses adversely affect the MGR. They are correct, but it doesn't matter. They lose money when you clear a bonus because they get less when you have less MGR. But YOU make more anyway.
It's also entirely correct that clearing a bonus might make your MGR negative, but that doesn't matter either. Because if gets negative it just means that you would have gotten less from rakeback than the bonus you just cleared.

It's always better to play with both a bonus AND rakeback than to play with just rakeback!
Old 06-21-2005, 06:01 AM

Yeah, I've got a burning JUNEFEVER allright...A fever to play at some of the hundreds of other sites around besides Empire...
Old 06-21-2005, 06:37 AM

Think of the 15x as 1500 hands towards your 3000 on the Empire WSOp tournament thing. Unfortanately this bonus falls at a bad time for that.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:45 AM

15% = NO

I don't play more than 2 tables. I have a full time (or more) job, a wife, dog, friends, and about 16 tt bars within 20 minutes from my house.

Besides, I lost $ with the last bonus because I kept getting stuck playing against other tight-ass bonus whores.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
15x sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If you play high enough, and have a high enough rakeback deal, you can actually cost yourself money by doing the bonus.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
15x sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If you play high enough, and have a high enough rakeback deal, you can actually cost yourself money by doing the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this is just wrong. If you play a high limit with rakeback ON EMPIRE, then adding the bonus to your play CANNOT cost you any money. During the course of clearing the bonus your MGR increases just like normal.

There have been like 10 examples already but I'll give another. Suppose I play 10/20, with a 25% rakeback deal. And suppose it takes me 2000 hands to clear the bonus (this is high but it's a nice round number). This would generate ~$560 in rake.

Without bonus: $560 * .25 = $140 rakeback
With bonus: ($560 - $100) * .25 = $115 rakeback + $100 bonus = $200

The math is similar at limits higher than 10/20 also. No matter how high you play, you win with rakeback AND the bonus IF you were going to play on Empire anyway with rakeback.