Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: posters from Seattle:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday!!!

Yes, less nit poker is a must, mostly because I will feel bad taking all of Stabn and NolanFan's money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will only happen if you use the dudes technique to get me to pay your blinds for you.

[/ QUOTE ]Speaking of which, can't we get The Douche, er, The Dude and GoT to play? Rock would most likely be in play.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:14 PM

Default here\'s where i\'m at with this:

B dids:
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, are we doing this to meet people and have fun, or play good serious poker. Because one rocks and the other is boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

we can't do both? having a good time is, of course, the point, and if other posters feel that playing 3/6 or 2/4 will prevent that, then fk it, we'll play 1/2. NO .50/1, though.

The goober:
[ QUOTE ]
I'll play most any limit for LHE, but playing much above micro on any of the other games would be like handing you my wallet, since I suck at them.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJS:
[ QUOTE ]
3-6 mixed games might be a bit high for me, since I never play most of the games you mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

then get better. I suck at LHE, btw.

Bernie:
[ QUOTE ]
You may want to mention where to park. Parking on capitol hill usually really sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. not my problem! (it's really best to just suck it up and pay five bucks at a lot for the night.)

Plaster 8:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in for Friday 7/8 if I have any money left over from my July 1-5 Vegas trip. And if I've got enough posts to warrant an invite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't give a flying FK how many posts you have. i am certianly not a part of/ contributer to/ in favor of all of the cliquey BS that goes on around here sometimes. [/rant]

Anyone that can make it is invited, unless you're under 18, a total k-hole, or a republican(j/k about that last one), up to a maximum of ten or so people. (it's a 600 sq ft studio, after all).

So: It looks loke A: people favor a friday, B: 1/2 is probably the consensus on a limit, maybe .25/50 or .50/1 as the blinds for the big bet games- maybe we'll bump 'em later in the evening if people want to. C: most people like holdem. I think any serious player should be at least proficient and comfortable in all the games. so, we'll do dealer's choice (dealer-picks-a-round). I pick TDL. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This is still very much conditional on my getting a new place and having it ready in time. Right now I am leaning toward friday the 15th of july, perhaps a week later or earlier. you will know when i do.

sounds like fun, i'm pretty stoked. I'll make a new post closer to the game to set it up and see who can make it. sry for the poker content in OOT, but it's mainly ooters that i'd like to invite to the game, so there.

b
Old 06-21-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: posters from Seattle:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday!!!

Yes, less nit poker is a must, mostly because I will feel bad taking all of Stabn and NolanFan's money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will only happen if you use the dudes technique to get me to pay your blinds for you.

[/ QUOTE ]Speaking of which, can't we get The Douche, er, The Dude and GoT to play? Rock would most likely be in play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should PM them...
Old 06-22-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: here\'s where i\'m at with this:

[ QUOTE ]
Plaster 8:
Quote:

I'm in for Friday 7/8 if I have any money left over from my July 1-5 Vegas trip. And if I've got enough posts to warrant an invite.

I don't give a flying FK how many posts you have. i am certianly not a part of/ contributer to/ in favor of all of the cliquey BS that goes on around here sometimes. [/rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just kidding about the post count. So many of the Seattle folks have so many posts it can make a guy feel inadequate. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But I agree with you on the cliquey BS.

Anyway, this sounds like a great time. And I'm all for the fun instead of "serious" poker. Hell, I'll play Acey-Deucy. (Well, maybe not.)

Also, we have a great deal of beer left over from my wife's birthday party this past weekend. So you can count on me for a case of Alaskan if this thing comes together. (And bernie -- you can count on me bringing your CDs since there seems to be a law prohibiting us from being at the Muck at the same time.)
Old 06-22-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: here\'s where i\'m at with this:

That all sounds good. I do have to work on getting better at mixed games, so I am psyched. Thanks for the offer to host.

And no Republicans if fine with me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KJS