Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: My unrefundable second WSOP seat won at Partypoker

Thanks everybody for your ideas, I will suggest some of them to Partypoker.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good luck working with Partypoker, but if you're actually looking to make progress I think the consensus is that you should try negotiating with Stars.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:11 AM

agreed.
did he even read the thread?
Old 05-28-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good luck working with Partypoker, but if you're actually looking to make progress I think the consensus is that you should try negotiating with Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave it one more try, but got back the same automatous response.
Now I wrote to Lee Jones at Stars, will see.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:55 PM

Just so you all know. If you went to Vegas and asked for a refund they would simply refund you the money in the method you paid. All poker sites pay via a wire, therefore Harrah's would simply refund your $10,000 entry back to the account that it was wired from. Nice idea in theory however there is no way it would actually work, unless the poker site paid in person with cash for your seat.

On another note, some of the advice here is laughable. While negotiating for cash that is less than the seat is fine and dandy any large site will simply shut you down and move on, they do not need you for your player base, you MAY stand a chance at one of the smaller sites.
I literally laughed out loud when someone suggested party might be buying their WSOP seats on a discount too, that one is classic! Anyhoo, that is my sarcastic 'tude for the day.
~Justin
Old 05-28-2005, 05:47 PM

Yup. I pretty much agree.

The whole 'discount' thing is REALLY a long-shot that everyone seems to think is realistic.
I think Stars COULD do it but don't know why they would when they have so clearly stated how it works.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:29 AM

I don't normally post here, but I'm so impressed by this thread I can't just sit and not do anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Its part of the rules CLEARLY posted on thier website.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
I also agree with Party here. The policy was already in place when you misclicked.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Party is absolutely right in this case. You misclicked and it is now an issue for you. That isn't their problem.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
The rules are clearly stated so you can hope but can't expect party to make an exception.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rules are for protecting the game, protecting the players and protecting the site.

The game will not suffer any damage should the poster be reimbursed in whatever form for his worthless prize - on the contrary, most likely the money will be invested in another WSOP event.

Obviously no players will suffer any damage either.

The site? First of all, the money for the prize is - EXCLUSIVELY - provided by the players. The site's interest in the matter is merely promotional - for them to have X number of representatives in the tourney, and to have an X/6,000 chance of "taking home" the championship. By reimbursing the player in whatever form (and that does not include signing him up for other WSOP events) they lose a fraction of their promotional value, but on the other hand they have already taken their generous rake from the step tournaments leading the the final step 5. Little is lost here.

The prize sum does NOT belong to the site, and is NOT for them to confiscate - no matter how they try to justify it. Taking advantage of a player's mis-click this way (I don't think anybody has questioned it was a mistake) is nothing short of a SCAM. The kind of SCAM that's being carried out by powerful corporations for one reason: because they can!

To me it is incomprehensible as well as appauling how posters here can defend this practice.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)
Old 05-29-2005, 01:29 AM

yes. i understand what you are saying.

But if they allow it for one then they would have to allow it for ANYONE who claims a similar 'mis-click...oops I accidetnally won..can i have the cash instead please?'

So it's not just the promotional value for THIS winner. It is for ALL their winners that they are risking because many people WOULD take the cash-prize if they could but instead alter whatever is happening in their life to go to the WSOP.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:11 AM

I think it is a little different in this case then someone just saying after that they made a mistake. If he did indeed email them A STEP BEFORE, then it was clear he made a mistake. He didn't win it, then go off and email them expecting a refund. Everyone saying its clearly in the rules and its his fault, he "BROKE" the rules and tough luck is just wrong. He didn't do anything wrong and wasn't trying to go around the rules or break them, he already had one at another site, so its obvious he wouldn't want to play one here. They should have just refunded his money for the step in the first place, BUT they MADE him play it, knowing if he won he wouldn't be able to accept it.

So how is it fair for them to just take the money and keep it? I didn't read every single post in the thread, but I doubt if he says he isn't accepting it, that they are going to give it to the next player who finished second in step. They will just keep it. So all the people that paid the $13k+ lose out, not just the OP.

[ QUOTE ]
yes. i understand what you are saying.

But if they allow it for one then they would have to allow it for ANYONE who claims a similar 'mis-click...oops I accidetnally won..can i have the cash instead please?'

So it's not just the promotional value for THIS winner. It is for ALL their winners that they are risking because many people WOULD take the cash-prize if they could but instead alter whatever is happening in their life to go to the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-29-2005, 11:13 AM

Had the OP won his first seat on Party there would have been no problem. He can easily document that he already was in possession of a seat when he by mistake entered the qualifier - just from an alternate site.

I see no reason Party should fear that hords of players already holding seats will enter their qualifiers with the subversive intentions of cashing instead of representing Party at the series.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)