Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Don\'t be fooled!! The Rake is ......

Here is the bottom line. If you are stupid enough to pay a rake when there comes a time when rakefree sites are available, you are a dumbass moron! The next person who says they would rather pay 2400 vs. 50 a month can lick my nutsack!! Stop kidding yourself! There is no reason to pay 2400 a month to play poker. They are raping us!!! cant you guys see it???? And yes, I make money playing 5-10 and I can make money at 1-2 and 2-4!! But most cannot due to the rake. If there were no rake, players that used to lose may now be winners!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard of $4 rake being pulled at $3/6 games..

[/ QUOTE ]

I played last weekend at a room that charged a $3 rake on every flop, $1 jackpot drop, and most players who dragged a pot tipped $1. That's $5 coming out of every pot, and this was a $3/$6 game.

And you know what? There were lots of pros and semipros who were glad to pay it and make money there day in and day out.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The next person who says they would rather pay 2400 vs. 50 a month can lick my nutsack!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather pay 2400 vs. 50 a month. Now unzip.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:09 PM

Hmm, $2400 to deal with PP's Customer Non-Support like it or leave it attidude or $50 to deal with a Dutch Boyd unsustainable business model site? Hmmmm, Hmmmmm, Hmmmmmmmmmm. I guess I'd pay $2400 and deal with PP.

Of course I have other options that are very close to being as fishy as PP, have rakeback, and good bonus (to the point I make more rakeback & bonus than I pay in rake) AND I don't have to deal with either PP OR Dutch.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rake isnt 2300% cheaper! God, you just don't freakin get it!!! $50 a month unlimited poker with no rake isnt anything like Stars, full tilt or anyone. Do you have a brain??

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, do YOU not get it? The worst players are at, and will be at, party and sites like that. End of story.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:11 PM

There has to my knowledge NEVER been a communist state. They have all been totalitarian states misusing the name communism.

The "free" market MUST be regulated. It just wouldn't work otherwise. Just look at Las Vegas. Regulated through its nose! The short leash ain't going nowhere...
Old 05-11-2005, 04:12 PM

You are full of [censored]! Maybe some peole here dont know you are but I do. Rakebacks only give you 27% of your rake back! The other 73% is outrageous and even with the bonuses, you pay them all back in a matter of hours!!! You really are a dumbass, so stay out of the thread!
Old 05-11-2005, 04:13 PM

Even the worst poker players can add!!! They know the difference between 2400 and 50. How can you not know??? Can you add??
Old 05-11-2005, 04:19 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
You know why movie theaters charge $5.00 for 25 cents worth of popcorn? It's simple. Because people LINE UP to pay it. Think about that. Let it sink in. They would be stupid to charge less. They're in business to make money.

It may seem crazy to you for Nike to pay Tiger Woods $40M per year...to them it is a BARGAIN. Couple TV shots of a Nike swoosh on his ball/clubs/shirt at the Masters and they are paid back with interest.

Welcome to the wonderful world of free market economics.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes way too much sense and is way too reasonable.

BOTCHY4LIFE
Old 05-11-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no rakefree site in the world! When one comes along, players will migrate if there is action and similar functions!! I know I will and so has every friend of mine who understands the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

There IS a rakefree site, and has been for quite some time. It's called ZeroRake. Unfortunately no one plays there. I tried to support it, but eventually gave up. One needs a minimum of opponents to make it worth it... Of course it never was worth it in the short run, but I was thinking long-run (as a poker player should). Most players (as in this thread) did not. A lot of badmouthing went around here when they opened. I think Absolutes ubiquitious bonuses might be a better way of reducing rake in this market of stupid consumers.

By the way, ZeroRake seems to still be operating, if you want to try to support it. Get some friends asses over there, and I might revisit too.