Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hand Challenge - update # 2

[ QUOTE ]
(We are not looking for one-sided "sponsor me in the WSOP" proposals, however. We need to see some upside beyond, "everyone will se me in your shirt when I am in Las Vegas ..." Hey, we will GIVE away shirts during the WSOP.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, in that case ignore that last email I sent you.

But while we're on the subject of gear, you bastards never sent me my hat for hitting a royal over a year ago!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:18 PM

Just an idea ODoyle, but have you thought about having someone play on your account during hours you might want to sleep. This would allow you to play fewer hours, and in a more +EV fashion. If a person plays at True Poker anyway, why not have them play on your account, logging more hands for you. Whatever they win, you transfer to them. I know there are major trust issues here, but if you were willing to share a % of your WSOP winnings, I bet you'd get several legitamate offers. And you would likely win more at the site yourself. Just a suggestion....
Old 05-10-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just an idea ODoyle, but have you thought about having someone play on your account during hours you might want to sleep. This would allow you to play fewer hours, and in a more +EV fashion. If a person plays at True Poker anyway, why not have them play on your account, logging more hands for you. Whatever they win, you transfer to them. I know there are major trust issues here, but if you were willing to share a % of your WSOP winnings, I bet you'd get several legitamate offers. And you would likely win more at the site yourself. Just a suggestion....

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds pretty unethical in that it is taking advantage of the poker sites offer.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just buy a pokerbot and let him work for you 24 hours a day?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:16 PM

If O'Doyle suddenly started 8-tabling 20 hours a day, I'm pretty sure the deal would be off.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think his productivity at his real job is taking a definite nose dive while he plays 50 or so hours of poker per week?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a problem. I cleared it with the boss.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had not thought about it and I would not even consider it. Truepoker bargained in good faith that I would play at their site for the required number of hands to win the WSOP seat and that is exactly what is going to happen.

I would not only be cheating TruePoker, but I feel I would also be cheating myself to take any such shortcuts.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think his productivity at his real job is taking a definite nose dive while he plays 50 or so hours of poker per week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Job! Schmob!!

This is the WSOP we're talking about here.

Also - for his $0.10/hand (or more if the package is worth more than $12k as TPCEO suggests) I think he would be doing just fine even if he only breaks-even over his 120k hand stretch...

and I expect him to eke out a 1BB/100 profit or better through the whole thing.

Sounding off alarms because he's only barely up a little bit after 9k hands is REALLY premature.

Hell...those 4K hands alone cost him a handful of BB's right there.
I suspect he will do just fine as he is now more accustomed to the software.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody can be a successful high volume player without PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey....I really dig PT as well as GT+ and use them all the time....but this statement simply is NOT true.

I agree that I would be more likely to play at TP if it was PT compatible.

David Ross was making his income playing online-poker from 3/6 to 5/10 6-max to 15/30 and did not have PT for most of his first year.

There are others who just don't care for it.

And others still who make part or all of their income at non-PT sites.

Again - PT is a TERRIFIC tool and I think it is a terrific bargain....but it is POSSIBLE to win without it.
Even I could be a successful high-volume player without PT I believe (although not AS successful).
Old 05-10-2005, 07:13 PM

Perhaps I overstated the point slightly, but multitabling optimally is really not possible without PT. Undoubtedly, a devoted player could run 2, perhaps 3, tables simultaneously without PT, but I dont see how you can play anything nearly resembling optimal poker with more tables than that.