Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: *Official* WPT Mirage Poker Showdown thread

Jon Juanda is the champion of poker.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Juanda was the only one who impressed me at all in this episode.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-03-2005, 05:02 PM

I thought Watkinson was genius until he got heads up. That squeeze play he pulled with Q8 was great. Both players had him dominated!

Was anyone else yelling at Meehan to stop and go with his jacks(?) at the beginning? I thought that was the obvious play there. His stack, Eli's stack, position, and cards were all perfect for it.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:43 PM

Scotty's A9 call was not necessarily wrong. I have posted this before, and I am sure that at least a few tournament pros know that one of Juanda's favorite moves is to move all in on the blinds against a raiser in late position WITH ANY TWO CARDS. He rarely gets caught and when he does, he has shown everything from 10-2 up to AA.

So Scotty knowing this, and knowing he has a huge chip stack, and knowing that Juanda knows Nguyen may be playing overaggressive on the button...whew....may have decided well in advance that he would call any push that Juanda made.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:32 PM

btw even though I said in an earlier post that A9 is not an obvious laydown by any means, I don't think Juanda is going to get too fancy here against a guy with 2.1 million chips. However I would still expect him to move in with most aces, and hands like KQ-KT and so on. I don't know this for sure though.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:58 PM

I can't read this entire thread, I don't have time.

I was amazed at Lee's T6s debacle heads up, had to be the worst call, I'd seen all year except for some old lady on my own table one day.

These guys have tons of chips, wth are they playing this crap?

I've had plenty of heads up battles... I wait for better ops to blow my stacks.

>TW<
Old 03-03-2005, 09:11 PM

nice to see that WPT is sponsored by a beer I can actually drink now (Amber Bock) instead of searching high and low for Anheiser World Select. although i dont like the fact that they toast it still in the bottle, it was classier before in those champagne style glasses. but i do understand its all about marketing. makes perfect sense on Budweiser's part because they want to be able to get a return on their sponsorship money.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:33 PM

I have posted this before, and I am sure that at least a few tournament pros know that one of Juanda's favorite moves is to move all in on the blinds against a raiser in late position WITH ANY TWO CARDS. He rarely gets caught and when he does, he has shown everything from 10-2 up to AA.

Exactly, and he knows the other pros know this and will call with less than premium holdings....now take it one more step....and then you are at the thought level of Juanda was in the hand.

I like him calling with almost any made hand AQ AK even AJs but a9s is just a little to easily dominated and cant crush random holdings. Just my 2 cents....
Old 03-03-2005, 09:34 PM

I'm not saying I would definitely call with A9s there, I'm just saying that to call it terrible is a bit over the top.