Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What does the Tall man do?
Go out, grab the girl, take her home. 92 75.41%
Make a quick appreance. 8 6.56%
Stay home, get some sleep. 22 18.03%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Did Manning make any difference on the Colts team at all this seas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty hard to overhype Tom Brady's value, he is easily a top 5 valuable player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely disagree.

10 players I'd take before Brady
Manning-yes
Culpepper-push
McNabb-push
Holmes-running backs are cheap look at denver they have to beat them off with sticks
Moss-hahahaha ha
Owens-can't see a wide out over a qb but if there was one he would be it
Tomlinson-see above
Harrison-peyton manning factor
Ray Lewis-too old to take over brady not even best defender on own team
Alexander see above

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RB's are cheap? Not only is that utter silliness even in Fantasy football, they are the 2nd most important position to have a great player at. I'm going to make a poll on this, just to see what others think.

Ans yes, Moss before Brady, EASILY. Newsflash: Moss is better than owens, and he had 1 less TD in 4 less games, all while hampered. Moss is the most talented WR ever, and may end up the best of all time. Brady just ain't that impressive to me.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Until Indy developes at least an average defense they are doomed in the playoffs UNLESS they can get home field throughout...then they have a shot inside on the turf to outscore people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sick of hearing people referring to the Colts defense as terrible. Since about midseason, they have played very solid. If you Colts fans had been told before the game that your D would hold the Pat's to 6 pts. at the half and 20 overall, I think most of you would have taken it and been confident of a win. When your offense scores a total of 3 pts. in a playoff game pointing your finger at the Defense doesn't cut it.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:18 PM

Daliman,
I'm no sports authority, and I love Randy Moss, think he is
easily the most dominating receiver in the league right now, but isn't it common knowledge that Jerry Rice is the best receiver ever for the moment.

Mano,
I was impressed with the Colt's defense's performance last week, especially Dwight Freeney, but didn't they rank in the high 20's in the league as far as defenses go this season? (Ironically, I believe they matched the Pat's in sacks)
Old 01-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Agrreed on Rice. I said Moss is the most TALENTED, and I doubt I'll get many dissebters. BEst is still a ways off.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:32 PM

I think the Colts defense really came around the second half of the season. And blaming the loss to the Pat's is really letting Manning and the entire Colts offense off much too light. With the effort their defense gave the Colts offense should have at least been able to manage to make it close, if not win. I have included scores for the second half of the season, and other than the Denver game, which was pretty meaningless to the Colts, the defense looks ok.

Sun. Nov. 14 Houston Win 49-14
Sun. Nov. 21 @Chicago Win 41-10
Thu. Nov. 25 @Detroit Win 41-9
Sun. Dec. 5 Tennessee Win 51-24
Sun. Dec. 12 @Houston Win 23-14
Sun. Dec. 19 Baltimore Win 20-10
Sun. Dec. 26 San Diego Win 34-31 (OT)
Sun. Jan. 2 @Denver Loss 33-14
Old 01-21-2005, 06:33 PM

You keep insisting you would want Randy Moss on your team. This is a guy who takes off almost any play not designed for him and sometimes just takes whole games off. Plus, he cowers like a little girl when ever he goes across the middle.

This doesn't even cover the off the field and locker room problems. Plus his complete and total lack of work ethic. Guy makes some great plays, but I would take at least 7 or 8 recievers in the league over him.

Then again I could just be angry you ripped on a Bears team that would have beat the Eagles if it wasn't for a Hugh Dougl-ass cheap shot. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Until Indy developes at least an average defense they are doomed in the playoffs UNLESS they can get home field throughout...then they have a shot inside on the turf to outscore people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sick of hearing people referring to the Colts defense as terrible. Since about midseason, they have played very solid. If you Colts fans had been told before the game that your D would hold the Pat's to 6 pts. at the half and 20 overall, I think most of you would have taken it and been confident of a win. When your offense scores a total of 3 pts. in a playoff game pointing your finger at the Defense doesn't cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they were decent. Even showed flashes of being considered "good" at points. But the fact of the matter is, the Colts defense isn't very good in the big picture, and is nowhere near the elites in the league like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England. Nobody here is discounting the fact that the offense didn't play great football, but the Defense hasn't ever been able to consistently step it up and play shut-down football, and that's what championship TEAMS have.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You keep insisting you would want Randy Moss on your team. This is a guy who takes off almost any play not designed for him and sometimes just takes whole games off. Plus, he cowers like a little girl when ever he goes across the middle.

This doesn't even cover the off the field and locker room problems. Plus his complete and total lack of work ethic. Guy makes some great plays, but I would take at least 7 or 8 recievers in the league over him.

Then again I could just be angry you ripped on a Bears team that would have beat the Eagles if it wasn't for a Hugh Dougl-ass cheap shot. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yes, he takes a few plays off, but also makes some GREAT downfild blocks. I've never ONCE seen him have a problem going over the middle, not sure where you get this from, cuz it's a misnomer. As far as his off-field stuff, lets add it up.
1. Pushed along a parking attendant with his car.
2. Squirted a ref with a water bttle in a game that was already out-of-hand.
3. Left the field with 2 seconds left in a game that could not be won 1 time in 1000.
4. Faked mooning a hostile GB crowd.

Wow, he should be in prison.

His work ethic in practice is fine, no one will ever tell you he's not prepared. I'd be interested in hearing the 8 recievers you'd rather have, btw.

And for the record, the hit on Miller was 100% clean and legal, if a bit malicious. Miller moved towards the interceptor, he was fair game. You gotta let it go, man...
Old 01-21-2005, 07:09 PM

I think the guy is great at catching touchdowns because it is what he "wants" to do.

Just this past week Moss cowered when he saw Trotter coming after him over the middle and aligator armed a ball. Plus, watching every Bears game in the past couple of years I've seen him pull away from a ball everytime he even caught Urlacher out of the corner of his eye. Plus, many other times in various games I've seen him play.

Let's see if I can come up with eight recievers:

1. T.O
2. Harrison
3. Hines Ward
4. Chad Johnson
5. Holt
6. Joe Horn

Alright I was talking out my ass I can only come up with 6. Not saying any of these guys are more talented. Just saying these guys would give you the same or better results more consistently. And are six guys I would be happier to have on my team.

I am damn bitter about the Miller thing. Shane Mathews at quarterback. ahhhh! Plus the injury plagued horrible four years since then hasn't helped.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright I was talking out my ass I can only come up with 6. Not saying any of these guys are more talented. Just saying these guys would give you the same or better results more consistently. And are six guys I would be happier to have on my team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say you'd rather have them that's fine, but only 2 on that list have CLOSE to same results, and none overall have better, save for a few more catches and a lot Harrison's insane year. Moss is the picture of consistancy, also, so bad comparison.