Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Supersize Me

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to eat it a lot less after seeing that movie. That was fricken genius. No wonder America is so fat. I really shudder to think of the long term effects the chemicals in fast food are having on our bodies....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you for the most part. In more ways than one, the media feeds us information that isn't all to healthy for us. But it's also up to the individual to educate himself and learn about balance, excercise, and eating smarts.

Obesity is a disease. It can be cured. Why people choose to feed this disease is beyond me.

When I was younger I use to eat the crappiest of junk foods, stuff myself before I went to bed, and I weighed over 220 pounds standing at 5 ft 10. I excercised too, but not nearly enough.

Then it hit me. A stomach problem causing me to cough up a lot of gas. I lost 65 pounds in a year and the only relief I could get was through excercising. It woke me up and ever since then I've learned to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle. I indulge still on junk food but I balance it out with natural, healthy foods too and I do a ton of excercise almost everyday.

Schools need to start educating children at a younger age about good eating habits. Pop machines need to go and be replaced with juice machines. Candy bar machines need to be replaced with fruits. Get rid of those things!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, the guy either has a messed up sense of logic, or he has a very good grasp of the general population's lack of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The documentarian made this movie based on a ruling that two girls (who were clinically obese) had to prove eating McD's made them so. So he took iniative upon himself to do so. Talk about crazy...
Old 10-29-2004, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My list of things I wish had never been invented:

1. Nuclear weapons
2. Coca Cola

[/ QUOTE ]

3. poker... LOL
Old 10-29-2004, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
America is so fat because no one in America will get off of their ass. I realize that people differ, but all this carb-counting, and fat camp Dr. Phil [censored] wouldn't be needed if people cooked for themselves and walked somewhere occasionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr. Phil is a very good media influence for the American people. He's very in your face, no fooling around, get serious, stay in or stay out attitude. People need that otherwise they won't seriously listen.

Knowledge is always key. People who don't educate themselves eventually becomes slave to the mass corporate capital world we live in. They become the objects of businesses resulting in a life that is almost owned by someone else.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With my metabolism I seriosly think i could do what the guy did on that movie and not gain a considerable amount of weight. I don't doubt that it would be incredibly unhealthy but i really dont think it would make me fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's not just about gaining weight. There's a lot of the imbalances caused to harm your body that are not visibly shown. You could still get a heart attack from all those clogged up arteries.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:43 AM

I ahve not eaten fast food for several years. its horibly discusting and vomit inducing IMHO. Not to mention bad for u.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:06 AM

It is kind of like quitting smoking (not as hard though), but once you quit eating that crap, you wonder how you ever ate it in the first place.

craig
Old 10-29-2004, 11:24 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
After watching Supersize me, I'm very conscious about what I eat there.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is dumb. if he ate 7000 calories worth of turkey sandwiches he would have gained just as much weight.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't eaten in mcdonald's in 12 years. I can't stand them and refuse to even use their bathrooms.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not use their bathroom?
Old 04-11-2005, 12:30 AM

wow i can't believe this 2 threads on supersize me and no one criticizes it? unbelievable. this movie was terrible, actually someone did say he was a schelser wannabe. this movie had so little content, was melodramatic, AND the guy who did it is obviously dimwitted. he is not funny, he doesnt bring up good points it is just the same thing over and over again the doctors say "i don't recommend you stay on this diet, its unhealthy your cholestoral is going higher"